RzaRecta357's Avatar Senior Member

Have kill cams returned?

Yeah. Decided to burn through the games from AC2 to revelations fast since I've beat AC1 more than any of the others and enjoy it the most I just decided to skip it this time.

Anyway, playing AC2 reminded me of the very awesome kill cams. Much better than the slow motion we get in Revelations that leads to sketchy animations seeing the blades not properly piece the neck and little things of that nature.

Watching the videos sometimes it looks like the slow motion is in and other times it looks like the kill cam. I'm curious if that is just fancy camerawork for trailers or if we'll actually get those sick views again.

Executions and final kills new camera angles yes, and last kill has slow-mo, didn't notice any sync problems in slow-mo yet.

Ielgon's Avatar Member
    I haven't seen any killcams other than for counters and one at the end of a fight in a Boston demo where he slow-mo cuts someones face and then breaks their neck. The AC2 ones were great, especially the one where Ezio counters a sword by kicking it with his boot and then stabs the guy in the waist and the one where he rapidly stabbed someone a couple of times with both hidden blades.

dewgel's Avatar Senior Member
    You do know you can set them yourself? In Options > Action Frequency, set it to 4, and you'll get the fancy angles.

Revelations was very out of sync with sound when it slowed down though, I remember that.

RzaRecta357's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by dewgel Go to original post
    You do know you can set them yourself? In Options > Action Frequency, set it to 4, and you'll get the fancy angles.

Revelations was very out of sync with sound when it slowed down though, I remember that.

Of course! But Revelations just sucked compared to the others. That slow more and blades not appearing right even happened during cutscenes. Some of the videos do some awesome stuff with this game though. What looks like a kill cam but may not be had Conner stab a guy on the left, stab the guy on the right.... go back to the guy on the left doing the multiple ezio stabbing thing then finish the guy on the right with a massive blow. Was awesome looking. I hope the cam does the old school style like that rather than the slow mo.

AnthonyA85's Avatar Senior Member
    I remember the kill cams in AC2 being quite annoying, especially when i wanted to see how Ezio pulled of a specific move, only for the camera to do something crazy, so i just turned off the Action Frequency thing, same with ACB and ACR.

From what we've seen, slow-mo kills are still in, as are slow-mo air assassinations, so long as i can turn off the Action Frequency thing, I can live with the slow-mo.