pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member

AC Liberation - Play as Connor DLC!

Edit: Just found this on wikipedia, looks like you get these DLC/Unlocks by pairing up the Vita and PS3

"By linking the game to Assassin's Creed III, the player will receive an in-game version of Connor's tomahawk, an exclusive character skin, a multiplayer character and a complete upgrade of all ammunition pouches"

Also for those thinking she will have Connors animations...

"The game uses the same engine that runs Assassin's Creed III, allowing for the same gameplay experience as a console release. Aveline will also have her own, new, set of animations as well as have the ability to duel-wield weapons, such as the new blowpipe as well as the familiar swords, knives, pistols and hidden blade"

Ielgon's Avatar Member
    It's really starting to look like Liberation is sort of a cash-in of the "big" release (with them just using Connor's animations, it being portable and coming out at the same time and all that). I really hope I'm wrong and it's a great refreshing new game that can easily stand on it's own though (I'll still be getting it the moment I get a Vita)!

Potato54321's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Ielgon Go to original post
    It's really starting to look like Liberation is sort of a cash-in of the "big" release (with them just using Connor's animations, it being portable and coming out at the same time and all that). I really hope I'm wrong and it's a great refreshing new game that can easily stand on it's own though (I'll still be getting it the moment I get a Vita)!
    Keep in mind that Brotherhood and Revelations were technically a "cash in" and all of the assassins animations up until AC3 has been the same (of course new ones got added, but the basic movement animations were identical)

Whether it's a cash in or not is irrelevant. The important thing is whether it's good or not.

Also, Ubisoft is getting a little too DLC happy lately. There is literally no way to get every single player mission unless you play PC because of different pre-order bonuses. This is not good at all. They probably figure that it's better to let PC gamers buy all the in game extras to discourage pirating (when you pirate it's very easy to get everything with the game; I play PC by the way, I'm going to buy it only because its possible for me to buy all single player missions with the game and I'd rather have in game stuff than physical stuff), but since it's much more difficult for console players to pirate they can get away with making it basically impossible to get all single player missions. It looks like they're doing the same thing with Liberation.

Ielgon's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Potato54321 Go to original post
    Keep in mind that Brotherhood and Revelations were technically a "cash in" and all of the assassins animations up until AC3 has been the same (of course new ones got added, but the basic movement animations were identical)

Whether it's a cash in or not is irrelevant. The important thing is whether it's good or not.

Also, Ubisoft is getting a little too DLC happy lately. There is literally no way to get every single player mission unless you play PC because of different pre-order bonuses. This is not good at all. They probably figure that it's better to let PC gamers buy all the in game extras to discourage pirating (when you pirate it's very easy to get everything with the game; I play PC by the way, I'm going to buy it only because its possible for me to buy all single player missions with the game and I'd rather have in game stuff than physical stuff), but since it's much more difficult for console players to pirate they can get away with making it basically impossible to get all single player missions. It looks like they're doing the same thing with Liberation.
    That's because AC2, ACB and ACR all ran on the same code and engine and we're basically just adding to the previous game. AC3 runs on a new engine and code so Connor can have a completely new set of animations, but now Aveline has exactly the same animations making it just seem borrowed and like nothing new was made specifically for the basis of Liberation.

And I said that what matters more is that it's good! XD

Agreed on the DLC, but we'll probably be getting the rest of it with actual DLC later (like how you got all pre-order DLC with the actual after release DLC packs in previous games).

Not necessarily. It probably wouldn't be difficult to import the animations from the old engine and make just new ones for tree climbing. But they didn't, because they're awesome.

Originally Posted by pacmanate Go to original post

do you know how much this dlc will cost, because I really want to play as connor and unlock his tomahawk.

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Ielgon Go to original post
    "The game uses the same engine that runs Assassin's Creed III, allowing for the same gameplay experience as a console release. Aveline will also have her own, new, set of animations as well as have the ability to duel-wield weapons, such as the new blowpipe as well as the familiar swords, knives, pistols and hidden blade"

Originally Posted by InfamousQ1987 Go to original post
    do you know how much this dlc will cost, because I really want to play as connor and unlock his tomahawk.
    I think its when you pair up the Vita with AC3.

I have Xbox 360 =( oh well..my buddy has a ps3 so maybe that ail help me.

Originally Posted by pacmanate Go to original post
    "Aveline will also have her own, new, set of animations as well as have the ability to duel-wield weapons, such as the new blowpipe as well as the familiar swords, knives, pistols and hidden blade"
    I think they mean that she will have unique additional animations. Conner obviously doesn't have a blowpipe animation because he doesn't have a blowpipe.

Her movement and climbing animations are the same as Conner's.

im3jia's Avatar Senior Member
    I wonder if the NY mission in Liberations will be in AC3 too, or maybe it will be exclusive to the Vita?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►