"Over 24 species of animals in AC3, entire hunting loop you can engage in"

Basically go watch Inside Assasin's Creed 3 Episode 4.

SO AMPED FOR THIS GAME!

Won't post video here because there's a thread for it,

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...d-Video-Series

Sounds like the Frontier is going to be awesome, I really hope we can observe animals stalking each other etc, if there are 24+ species then there is much potential!

Animals seen so far: Cats, horses, dogs, pigs, bears, deer(?), some kind of giant cat (leopard / cheetah / mountain lion? or something else, not sure)

The video shows more of the cities, nice footage of the Frontier (looks vast and detailed) and Naval gameplay too, everything just looks incredible

DavisP92's Avatar Senior Member
    wolves, rabbits, foxes, B3avers, hawks

CalgaryJay's Avatar Member
    Ya seeing as its in the northeast, I'd have to wager those are cougars/mountain lions (same thing). Hunting/the Frontier is definitely what I'm most excited for, as a huge fan of RDR. Very interested to see how it holds up in that regard. I know the Frontier is only going to be a fraction the size of the RDR map, but I just mean in terms of appearance, as well as animals.

I'm also curious what the 24 species will be. So far we know: cats, horses, dogs, pigs, bears, deer, moose, cougar, eagles, wolves...other likely candidates would probably be rabbits, b eavers (dang language filter), owls, crows/hawks/songbird/some other type of bird I'm sure, fox, squirrels?...should be fun.

Not as many as RDR?

CalgaryJay's Avatar Member
    You also gotta remember all the different geographical areas RDR took place in, many with their own unique animals. If you're looking at just the West Elizabeth area, which is the closest you'll probably get to AC3's setting, I bet the animals found there would be about the same as you'll find in AC, if not even a bit less than AC.

anik_lc's Avatar Member
    Far Cry 3 has hundreads of animals!

Lol at Bee vers being censored.

Well TBH I was only expecting like... 1 or 2 carnivores (bear and mountain lion) 1 or two cattle type animals (deer and something similar.. Buffalo?) and then just birds and city animals like dogs and horses, was surprised to see a cat and pig, that's pretty cool. Hopefully there are a few more quirky animals that aren't just decoration (If they have 12 species of birds... lame) Would be cool to have monkeys! But way too much work haha

HorTyS's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Free_Hidings Go to original post
    Lol at Bee vers being censored.

Well TBH I was only expecting like... 1 or 2 carnivores (bear and mountain lion) 1 or two cattle type animals (deer and something similar.. Buffalo?) and then just birds and city animals like dogs and horses, was surprised to see a cat and pig, that's pretty cool. Hopefully there are a few more quirky animals that aren't just decoration (If they have 12 species of birds... lame) Would be cool to have monkeys! But way too much work haha
    I don't think the amount of work it'd require was a determining factor as to whether or not to include it in the recreation of Northeastern territories in the US haha. Elk though is one that I haven't seen listed.

It'll be a different hunting experience than in RDR with tracking and kills are more difficult and you must factor in weather.

Off topic: everyone does know why b3aver is censored, right?

There are no more Mountain Lions in NE. I doubt if there was many back then as well. Mountain Lions are/were found more Southwest in the country and somewhat Northwest.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last ►►