StUbbZ24's Avatar Member

Den Defense...

Yeah yeah yeah. I realize this can be a touchy subject for some people.

But seriously, what was so horrible about this? I just don't get why everyone hated this so much. I always see people whining about it yet I never really see any reason why. Could someone provide any good reason on why they thought this was such a terrible part of ACR.

As for me, I felt alright with it. It just seemed like another neat little thing to do in Constantinople.

Thoughts?

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    I loved it..

Aphex_Tim's Avatar Senior Member
    I don't really like it but it was fully optional so i never understood the whining either.

SixKeys's Avatar Senior Member
    It wasn't very well explained for those of us who'd never played tower defense games before, it was far more annoying to do this mini-game every time Templars attacked your den instead of just reclaiming it like you did the first time and it made no sense in the context of Assassin's Creed as we've seen Ezio take on entire armies by himself and now he appeared so helpless, being only able to use his gun.

TheHumanTowel's Avatar Senior Member
    It's really out of place in an Assassin's Creed game, it's just boring and the camera's bad because Ezio takes up half the screen. I didn't like it but I only had to do it once in the entire campaign. The people complaining about having to do it again and again must have forgotten that it's really easy to reduce notoriety. Just pull down a few wanted posters now and then and you won't have to worry about Den Defense. I think people just latched on to it as the example of how AC had gotten bloated with needless features in an effort to justify the sequels.

It wasnt optional .

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Originally Posted by HisSpiritLives Go to original post
    It wasnt optional .
    I'm assuming you just bought the wrong game..

Dralight's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by HisSpiritLives Go to original post
    It wasnt optional .
    You only have to do it once as part of the story, then you can go through the rest of the game without doing it again.

Defend that area!

It's easy, though slightly tedious, to avoid. It's not too difficult to win, it's moderately enjoyable, and if you do it 3 times you get an achievement. Some people just love to complain.

POP1Fan's Avatar Senior Member
    The only reason I didn't like is because I loved it.