View Poll Results: What do you want to happen in 2013?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dlc content such as expansion packs

25 58.14%
  • A brand new ac game

11 25.58%
  • No new content at all lets take a break!

7 16.28%
    ajl992008's Avatar Banned

What do you want to happen in 2013?

vote in the poll what you want to happen for ac in 2013 and write your reason why.

Slayer_WTF's Avatar Senior Member
    Dlc.

DLC They can make brand new AC game for 1 year

SixKeys's Avatar Senior Member
    DLC would be fine as long as it's not stretched into a whole new game. I'd rather take a break.

BBALive's Avatar Senior Member
    Expansions. New weapons, new outfits, new quest-lines and new side-content.

If they just use 2013 to support AC3 with new content, and release the next game in 2014 (so a 2 year dev cycle), then I'll be happy.

Originally Posted by BBALive Go to original post
    Expansions. New weapons, new outfits, new quest-lines and new side-content.

If they just use 2013 to support AC3 with new content, and release the next game in 2014 (so a 2 year dev cycle), then I'll be happy.
    DLC with some new wepons little new gameplay features , it will be good DLC until AC4 comes out

ToniTorsi's Avatar Member
    I want Ubisoft Montreal to Really go hard on DLC for ACIII

For both Single Player and Multiplayer. Especially an increased focus on Single Player Downloadable Content. They've never really shown much interest for SP DLC, which is odd given how a strong story-focused game like AC could definitely benefit from expansions and such. Just as long as they don't do what they did for ACII where DNA sequences were cut for obvious DLC money grabs, and some were forced to buy those to find out what happened with the story.

I honestly, am one of the many the share the popular belief that that kind of shady DLC business should not be enforced on the fans. It's just nonsensical considering how well AC sells. -__-

But regardless, I'm a hardcore fan of AC, I want them to create juicy expansions with a lot of stuff packed in them (like Bethesda does) but at a reasonable price.

A very well made SP expansion pack with a lot of stuff packed into them (new areas to explore, new abilities, new enemies, new outfits/items/weapons, new assassin guild commands, new horses, new mechanics, etc) for $20 dollars sounds extremely nice.

lukaszep's Avatar Senior Member
    I would rather they didn't release anything next year, but I know they need to, and will do.
    It's obvious there's going to be another two games spinning off from AC3 similar to Brotherhood and Revelations, probably in the same time period (I'm predicting the Indian wars in the 1800's e.g. Little big horn, Ghost dance). Just because it's unlikely there will be a new, or largely different assassin to Connor.

So I voted DLC, but I know it won't happen. The problem for Ubisoft with DLC is that not every gamer has access to online, which is unfair and means less money making. So probably a complete on disc title.

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    If Ubisoft go "soft" on DLC this year for THIS game I will be so disappointed. They have that new season pass so hopefully we get something good. I do NOT think that AC3 should be supported by Multiplayer only DLC.

As one of Ubisofts videos state, this is the most highly anticipated title in gaming history. If they decide to "support" the game with DLC it better not be multiplayer. AC multiplayer is not even that successful. Sure its fun for a while but after 4 months of game release, the servers drop in numbers of people to play with.

They NEED to do a mix of stuff they did with AC2 and Brotherhood. What I mean by this, is that maybe adding in some sequences (this time I won't mind given the 30 hour length), and also something like the Da Vinci Disappearance where missions focus primarily on one thing.

ALSO, and this is the most important. I do NOT want an AC game next year for consoles. It would be utterly ridiculous. It took them 3 years to do such a massive game, new mechanics, story, EVERYTHING. Alex said that every time a new game came out they hope it is better than the last. I find it very difficult to believe that you can beat AC3 with a one year dev cycle.

ajl992008's Avatar Banned
    Guys your forgetting that it may not be a 1 year cycle, for example they could have made another team comprised of people who worked on brotherhood and revelations to start work in 2011 resulting in a 2 year dev cycle. I would like another ac game in 2013 but it has to be a spin off title which people won't need to play in order to understand the next big ac game. This way people who want a break can take it and people who want more can have it, alternitavely I want there to be proper dlc support and I mean expansion packs with new locations to explore, I don't simply want mission packs. For example have a large expansion pack for $20-30 set in new Orleans, have it b the size of Florence and have a 7-10 hour campaign based on it. If we are not given something on this level then im sorry but then I would rather have a new game, again have it as a spin off so it doesnt effect other fans.

He is my theory on how it will work:

2010: brotherhood team

2011:revelations team

2012: ac3 team

The brotherhood team work on ac2014( next big game) because they are more experienced to the revelations team which had a lot of new people
    resulting in a 4 year dev cycle for next gen.

The revelations team being a less experienced team work on the 2013 spin off, 2 year dev Cycle.

Ac3 team work on main sequel for 2015 (3 year dev cycle)

Ths is just an example of the possible scenario, ibis oft has set up yearly sequel with enough dev time to make great games. But I understand people need s break which is why if there is a game in 2013 it has to be a spin off.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►