1. #1
    RinoTheBouncer's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Iraq
    Posts
    3,447

    What Exactly Happened?

    SPOILERS WARNING

    If you haven't played AC games and wouldn't like to be spoiled about the story, please stop reading here.

    SPOILERS WARNING

    Hey Assassins,
    I played all AC games, replayed them all again in a row one after the other non stop till I finished Revelations. I understood almost every part of the story and honestly, It's the best story I've read so far, it mixes between modernity, history, science, religion and fiction and it's all so brilliant yet one thing I didn't understand, here it goes:

    The First Civilization (Those Who Came Before) created human beings
    Humans were obedient because of the use of the Pieces of Eden
    Humans and members of the first civilization interbred and had a resistant-to-pieces-of-eden children
    Adam & Eve (resistant) stole the Apple of Eden
    War occurred and there was so much destruction as the first civilization members were outnumbered
    Toba Catastrophe Occurred
    TFC (TWCB) and Humans started working together to rebuild the world
    The First Civilization couldn't survive so they died leaving zero evidence of their existence
    In the present, they're afraid of a solar flare that attacks the earth in 2012

    So what exactly was the cause of Toba Catastrophe? I've heard that it was a result of the war. Was it the war or the solar flare?
    In modern day, the templars are planning to launch the pieces of Eden in the orbit of earth to control people, what does that have to do with the so called solar flare that will happen again? and why the first civilization members say that "The Cross darkens the horizon". Why does it bother them that the templars exist?

    Can anyone please explain? thanks!
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Calvarok's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    a smokestack. got mixed up.
    Posts
    2,376
    Share this post

  3. #3
    RinoTheBouncer's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Iraq
    Posts
    3,447
    Thank you!
    I have read this before. The thing is, what does "The cross darkens the horizon" mean? I know it means the Templars darken the horizon but what does this have to do with the catastrophe? We were also shown a video of the Toba Catastrophe at the end of Revelations and it showed the world living in a seemingly nice metropolis not a war zone like the war that was mentioned by the two races.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Umbra_Blade's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    206
    the cause of the Toba Catastrophe i think was a solar flare that had nothing to do with the conflict going on at the time. but because TWCB were busy fighting the war, they didn't notice until it was to late that a flare was coming. The templars I don't think know about the new upcoming event with the sun, as they only picked the 21st december because the original date was scrapped due to something going wrong, but then again Lucy knew about it, so it is possible they also know and maybe want to use the flare as a power source maybe? That part is still unknown and will probably be disclosed in AC3.
    As for TWCB worrying about the templars, It is probably because Desmond is like the one hope of saving the world, and the templars are out to get them. plus the grand temple is probably a place of great power, something I don't think they would want in the hands of people who want total world domination
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Calvarok's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    a smokestack. got mixed up.
    Posts
    2,376
    Quite simply, as Umbra said, the Templars are just another problem, what with their satellite launch which would make people helpless to stop the catastrophe which they are unaware of.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,108
    Originally Posted by RinoTheBouncer Go to original post
    Thank you!
    I have read this before. The thing is, what does "The cross darkens the horizon" mean? I know it means the Templars darken the horizon but what does this have to do with the catastrophe? We were also shown a video of the Toba Catastrophe at the end of Revelations and it showed the world living in a seemingly nice metropolis not a war zone like the war that was mentioned by the two races.
    The Cross darkening the horizon means that the templars` work is affecting TWCB`s goals to save the earth (i.e Satellite launch and Assassins purging)
    Also, the nice Metropolis could have been a city far away from the War, I mean the war could`v been somewhere farther away, so this city was not affected..

    EDIT: Ubmra beat me to it..
    Share this post

  7. #7
    RinoTheBouncer's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Iraq
    Posts
    3,447
    Originally Posted by Umbra_Blade Go to original post
    the cause of the Toba Catastrophe i think was a solar flare that had nothing to do with the conflict going on at the time. but because TWCB were busy fighting the war, they didn't notice until it was to late that a flare was coming. The templars I don't think know about the new upcoming event with the sun, as they only picked the 21st december because the original date was scrapped due to something going wrong, but then again Lucy knew about it, so it is possible they also know and maybe want to use the flare as a power source maybe? That part is still unknown and will probably be disclosed in AC3.
    As for TWCB worrying about the templars, It is probably because Desmond is like the one hope of saving the world, and the templars are out to get them. plus the grand temple is probably a place of great power, something I don't think they would want in the hands of people who want total world domination
    That makes a lot of sense! Thank you

    I really can't wait to play ACIII and even after ACIII, I hope there will be more games. Not sure what direction they'll take because if ACIII ending will be "shocking" like they said then I guess the whole story will be closed but I think I'm going far ahead in time hehe :P

    Originally Posted by Calvarok Go to original post
    Quite simply, as Umbra said, the Templars are just another problem, what with their satellite launch which would make people helpless to stop the catastrophe which they are unaware of.
    So what's the purpose of the Vaults? and why/how they "failed" were they like a center of energy (due to the fact that they contain the pieces of eden) to suppress the catastrophe or just a refuge for them?

    There were also flashbacks during the end of Revelations when Ezio is inside the Library and he hears voices of Altair asking the Apple: "Who are those who came before? and where did they come from?" or something similar ... nothing was mentioned about that. Do you think that Altair will make one more appearance in ACIII?
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Umbra_Blade's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    206
    Originally Posted by RinoTheBouncer Go to original post
    That makes a lot of sense! Thank you
    No problem mate
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,108
    Originally Posted by RinoTheBouncer Go to original post
    That makes a lot of sense! Thank you

    I really can't wait to play ACIII and even after ACIII, I hope there will be more games. Not sure what direction they'll take because if ACIII ending will be "shocking" like they said then I guess the whole story will be closed but I think I'm going far ahead in time hehe :P



    So what's the purpose of the Vaults? and why/how they "failed" were they like a center of energy (due to the fact that they contain the pieces of eden) to suppress the catastrophe or just a refuge for them?
    The Vaults were a center of Information Storage on how to defeat the Solar flare, each Vault`s knowledge was transferred to the central Vault for Processing and thus was born the 6 solutions, but they failed because time eroded them..
    Share this post

  10. #10
    RinoTheBouncer's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Iraq
    Posts
    3,447
    Originally Posted by Calvarok Go to original post
    Quite simply, as Umbra said, the Templars are just another problem, what with their satellite launch which would make people helpless to stop the catastrophe which they are unaware of.
    So you think TWCB have seen the future somehow (hence the message to Desmond)? or all this is based on calculations that made them realize that it's coming back or Templars and Assassin's existed since that time?

    Originally Posted by Umbra_Blade Go to original post
    No problem mate


    Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    The Vaults were a center of Information Storage on how to defeat the Solar flare, each Vault`s knowledge was transferred to the central Vault for Processing and thus was born the 6 solutions, but they failed because time eroded them..
    Thank you! I appreciate your help xD
    Share this post