🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    rchiav's Avatar Senior Member
    I'll try it again later tonight, but it didn't work so well when I tried before. I have a Digitech RP500 that I use and it sounded much better than the rocksmith tone cable.

mbarsott's Avatar Senior Member
    I posted the driver configuration on the other thread, here.

Wait a second... I thought this man's question was about other interfaces than the Real Tone Cable working with the PC version of rocksmith not using the cable for recording. Was I drastically wrong there?

Edit: Sorry, I see you were responding to the ASIO4All question not the OP. Pollok moment...

Originally Posted by ravenreaver Go to original post
    Wait a second... I thought this man's question was about other interfaces than the Real Tone Cable working with the PC version of rocksmith not using the cable for recording. Was I drastically wrong there?

Edit: Sorry, I see you were responding to the ASIO4All question not the OP. Pollok moment...
    Yeah you're right. The thread derailed pretty quickly. It's my bad partly for asking questions nobody but the developing team could answer. Ill get back to this when the game is out for PC and more audio people have tried this out.

Sadly, we can't!

Hello!

Well, I've tested the demo version of rocksmith on steam today.

I used my M-Audio MobilePRE 2-channel interface with original M-Audio ASIO drivers.

Game setup don't show any advanced settings to choose the audio interface or detect my ASIO interface.

I've noticed a PDF inside game folder with help and a FAQ. There i found only the RealTone Interface is supported (to ensure the quality of sound and blablabla we want more money blablabla).

So, its official now, we can't use our professional audio interfaces with rocksmith. For EVERY player we have to buy a separate RT.

I live in Brazil, so, with our extremely high taxes for imported products, its average cost is 3 times the price listed in US.

Thank you Ubisoft! At least, for now, we can't do anything about it

Originally Posted by mickeyxtreme Go to original post
    Hello!

Well, I've tested the demo version of rocksmith on steam today.

I used my M-Audio MobilePRE 2-channel interface with original M-Audio ASIO drivers.

Game setup don't show any advanced settings to choose the audio interface or detect my ASIO interface.

I've noticed a PDF inside game folder with help and a FAQ. There i found only the RealTone Interface is supported (to ensure the quality of sound and blablabla we want more money blablabla).

So, its official now, we can't use our professional audio interfaces with rocksmith. For EVERY player we have to buy a separate RT.

I live in Brazil, so, with our extremely high taxes for imported products, its average cost is 3 times the price listed in US.

Thank you Ubisoft! At least, for now, we can't do anything about it
    Well, that sucks. I was looking forward at least trying the demo, but it's ridiculous that we can't use our professional firewire USB interfaces. So, basically you need to spend 30 dollars to play the demo.
    Thank you for the information mickeyextreme

MarmaladeMaki's Avatar Member
    Sounds like Don-gle for me (for all who don't remember the good old days, a device plugged into a port like printer com or smth, build in cuircuit with a key in it that unlocks a software). Too bad i really like my Tascam...

Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative
    Have you tried the Configuration FAQ's here?-
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...tion-and-FAQ-s

Same thing here, I was thinking about purchasing the game and play it using my professional audio interface. But now that I know that, I just hope that someone will "fix it" for us. Well done, Ubisoft... -.-"

I do not understand what's the problem.. if the cable was the actual ****le, then why the game isn't "free" and the cable is full priced? Makes more sense...
    Also i don't care about the ****le, i could leave it connected, but please let me select MY audio device (I own both a X3 Live and UX2 by Line6 ...), since they are semi-professional and offers almost NO-LAG .. while your cheap cable lagging like hell. All those explanation about piracy and other things seems like an excuse to not put much effort into delivering a fully working product.

(and yes i've tried the configuration tips ... i'm talking about a device (x3 live) that costs 400 times more than your cable.. it's not even comparable).