So there is Pacific Fighters and BoB. Which one is due for release first? I understand that BoB is going to have a brand new simulation "engine" with reworked physics parameters, flight characteristics and graphics, but is this also true with PF? From what I see it seems that PF is an add-on/stand-alone continuation of il2 just like FB was. Is this correct?

So there is Pacific Fighters and BoB. Which one is due for release first? I understand that BoB is going to have a brand new simulation "engine" with reworked physics parameters, flight characteristics and graphics, but is this also true with PF? From what I see it seems that PF is an add-on/stand-alone continuation of il2 just like FB was. Is this correct?

Gbucket's Avatar Senior Member
    Pacific Fighters is due for release in November and BoB is due later.

Pacific Fighters is not an add-on to any game, it's a stand-alone product.

My feeling is that Pacific Fighters engine-wise will be somewhere between FB and BOB. Same graphics as FB but with game features FB doesn't have like carrier landings, openable canopies, folding wings, more complex damage models for ships, ship AI. Maybe some others not mentioned yet like kamikaze modeling where crashing a plane into a ship actually damages the ship (you can't do that in FB right now, or so I'm told).

Tully__'s Avatar Global Moderator
    PF is IL2/FB engine with some enhancements. BoB will be a completely new engine.

PF will be stand alone.

=================================================

IL2 Forums Moderator
    Forum Terms of Use
    Tully's X-45 profile (SST drivers)

Salut
    Tully

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Capt._Tenneal:
    My feeling is that Pacific Fighters engine-wise will be somewhere between FB and BOB.[QUOTE]

Yep, and that "somewhere" will be a lot closer to FB than BoB.

I guess it's great that PF will be stand alone because chaining so many add ons onto FB and then AEP etc will just be nerve wrecking for new players. I will most definately miss flying European theater aircraft, however .

Spacer nad Berlinem!

PF is a polite way to say to the first customers, the ones who made this sim successful, "Thank you very much, but we don't need you anymore, so goodbye." So they can try to compete with CFS on a market CFS was targeting at. But now they can buy IL2 to say politely "Thank you to have made CFS3 the way we asked for, but in definitive, we prefer something else, like this IL2 thingy."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hoarmurath:
    PF is a polite way to say to the first customers, the ones who made this sim successful, "Thank you very much, but we don't need you anymore, so goodbye."
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This makes absolutely zero sense, but thank you for playing.

---
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who can count in binary, and those who can't.

HL callsign: FruitPieJones
    Today is a good day for pie.

Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    I think I know what Hoarmurath means, but I can't say I agree. It's not Ubi's or 1C:Maddox Game's business plan to make one sim only.

The hillsides ring with, "Free the People",
    Or can I hear the echoes from the days of '39?
    ~ Clash