Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative

Rocksmith Guitar PC Official Bugs and Issues Thread

Hello,
    Welcome to Rocksmith Guitar PC!

Please post all bugs, repeatable crashes and any major gameplay technical issues in this thread for Rocksmith Guitar PC. Do not make new threads since this can result in your problem getting lost and the Topic getting closed.

This is not a means of Direct support but a means to collaborate all issues. You should also report any bugs or glitches directly to Ubisoft Support. The direct link is in my Signature.

Please find your Console/Issue from the links below if you have a separate Issue-

If you have any gameplay feedback please post in one of these Threads-

Thank you for taking the time to report any issues.
    Rocksmith Forum Team

Problem: Did not get the Achievement "Half K" for a 500+ note streak. I leveled up Go With the Flow and was 100% with 973ish note streak.

Also noticed that 0% of the community have it as well: http://steamcommunity.com/stats/205190/achievements

Opened ticket with Ubisoft as well.

Hello

First of all I am not sure if I should be posting this here, so bear with me if I should have opened this elsewhere please.

My Rocksmith cable suddenly stopped being recognized by windows. I have downloaded asio4all drivers as people suggested on friday and had pretty much zero issues all weekend, even played through guitar rig and overloud; but today I started getting driver errors on Windows 7 (namely error code 10, apparently). Reinstalling asio4all did pretty much nothing and I don't really know what I should do at this point.

Any ideas?

Originally Posted by halitburak Go to original post
    Hello

First of all I am not sure if I should be posting this here, so bear with me if I should have opened this elsewhere please.

My Rocksmith cable suddenly stopped being recognized by windows. I have downloaded asio4all drivers as people suggested on friday and had pretty much zero issues all weekend, even played through guitar rig and overloud; but today I started getting driver errors on Windows 7 (namely error code 10, apparently). Reinstalling asio4all did pretty much nothing and I don't really know what I should do at this point.

Any ideas?
    I don't thin the asio4all is a supported method. I'd probably remove the asio4all to begin with and try to get the cable working by itself. Uninstall the rocksmith cable in device manager too. Reboot, plug in the cable and it should install itself, then try it out. If it works, then probably the asio4all is the problem. But you could try reinstalling the asio4all after it's working. But support most likely will say that asio4all not supported.

Playing the demo, I get a slight audio lag in the amp. When I pluck the string, I hear it delayed by a short amount. Could this be caused by my onboard sound and/or drivers, would it work better if I upgraded my sound hardware?

From dxdiag:
    -------------
    Sound Devices
    -------------
    Description: Speakers (Realtek AC'97 Audio)
    Default Sound Playback: Yes
    Default Voice Playback: Yes
    Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0059&SUBSYS_812A1043&REV_A2
    Manufacturer ID: 1
    Product ID: 100
    Type: WDM
    Driver Name: RTKVAC64.SYS
    Driver Version: 6.00.0001.6305 (English)
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    WHQL Logo'd: n/a
    Date and Size: 6/18/2009 19:45:06, 3491616 bytes
    Other Files:
    Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
    HW Accel Level: Basic
    Cap Flags: 0x0
    Min/Max Sample Rate: 0, 0
    Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 0, 0
    Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
    HW Memory: 0
    Voice Management: No
    EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
    I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
    Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No[/FONT]

Originally Posted by rurbaniak Go to original post
    I don't thin the asio4all is a supported method. I'd probably remove the asio4all to begin with and try to get the cable working by itself. Uninstall the rocksmith cable in device manager too. Reboot, plug in the cable and it should install itself, then try it out. If it works, then probably the asio4all is the problem. But you could try reinstalling the asio4all after it's working. But support most likely will say that asio4all not supported.
    First of all, thank you for your input. Greatly appreciated.

After countless reboots and reinstalls I got it working again. Only issue / funny thing is the Device Manager in Widnows now thinks the Rocksmith cable is called "hoksmit".

Oh well...

- Loading a tone in the Amp causes icons to disappear. They reappear if you scroll the screen back and forth far enough to knock them off the screen and bring them back. This has happened to me every single time I have tried to recreate it. Possibly related: I've also had the Guitar icon disappear right after launch where the game asks for Guitar or Bass.

- I've had a lot of issues getting Palm Mutes to register in the Technique Challenge. The 360 version appears to be a bit more lenient as I had fewer issues there, though it was still a bit picky.

- Also in regards to Palm Mutes, the technique challenge song doesn't contain most of the notes from the song you hear even when fully leveled up. Is this a bug or working as intended?

- None of the note streak achievements appear to be working. 0.2% of players have the 100 note streak achievement, though I have passed 100 note streaks many times without being rewarded the achievement. (as mentioned above, I thought I'd add this here since I've noticed it too)

KinchBlade's Avatar Senior Member
    Every now and then the mouse pointer pops up on the screen. Mega distracting. By the time I've finished swearing it disappears again though.

And since I'm here why is it [Spacebar] to select some things and [Enter] to select others? Quirky.

zarlorz's Avatar Member
    I also have major problems with simple note recognition on the "Palm Mute Challenge". It works fine in the "Try it" part and in all of the songs I do it on (every time), but the in the challenge it's missing even when I don't bother doing the palm mute with it at all! Definite problem there.

Brick235's Avatar Senior Member
    Been playing the beta for a bit now. Definitely notice a lot of video lag especially when performing. This was a minor problem on PS3 when the crowd was there but it is just about unplayable for me on PC. I even noticed it a few times in rehearsal. My PC is pretty new and not a low end machine. I set the vid quality to low but it's still there.

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... Last ►►