🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
    HaSoOoN-MHD's Avatar Banned

AC-Casual or Hardcore?

Oh yes, the words ''hardcore'' and ''casual'' one of them celebrated, one of them shunned.
    Just in case you dont know what those two words mean, here you go:
    Casual-A game that is generally marketed for a mass audience of casual gamers, those games generally are not really complex and don't require much devotion, they require no real special skills or commitment either.

A hardcore game is pretty much the opposite of above, more complex, requires quite a bit of devotion and can require special skills and commitment.
    Now, were does AC fall on this spectrum?

I personally say AC is a casual game.
    When you think about it, honestly, AC is a really simple game. You can even say that the game plays itself *The free running is holding two buttons*
    The game lacks any sort of challenge, and anybody can really pick it up and play just as well. And there is not much complexity in terms of gameplay.

Now, a casual game is not necessarily a bad game, not at all, and a hardcore game is not necessarily a good game.
    Where do you guys think AC falls in the spectrum?

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Quite honestly, I believe AC does require some amount of skill, seeing as I see some people come here and complain about Combat being hard, or timed free running sequences being unbearable or Glyphs being Unsolvable..

naran6142's Avatar Senior Member
    The way I see it is that AC is an easy game but you can have different skill level

someone who has played AC for a long time knows the limits of the system, what will work best, what wont

some new might find it hard because they dont know the way of the game as someone else might

tho this applies to all games, but i prefer AC as a pick up and play game anyways

It's an easy game that's hard to be really good at. It takes a lot to know what the best strategy is, and the best paths to take while free running. It's still a casual game though, which is important.

...Isn't the best strategy put on the hidden blades and kill everything with 1 button ?
    ''Best paths while free running'' mind elaborating a bit on that? you mean as in while in missions?

Originally Posted by HaSoOoN-MHD Go to original post
    ...Isn't the best strategy put on the hidden blades and kill everything with 1 button ?
    ''Best paths while free running'' mind elaborating a bit on that? you mean as in while in missions?
    Best paths as in, smooth free runs without botches or interruptions. the quickest path possible..

I just look at my map and just run over there, personally, I dont really care what route, I will get there eventually
    But that is just me.

I just look at my map and just run over there, personally, I dont really care what route, I will get there eventually
    But that is just me.
    yeah... just you.

I think Its like Alex said, AC`s difficulty is not traditional. you`ll win the game eventually, but it takes skill to do it with finesse.

Wasn't that what he used to describe ACIII? or the whole series?
    I actually think the game being casual is one of the selling points. It really empowers you so much, it's tons of fun.

Wasn't that what he used to describe ACIII? or the whole series?
    I actually think the game being casual is one of the selling points. It really empowers you so much, it's tons of fun.
    He didnt use it exclusively for AC III, and it goes well with the rest of the series..

For example a fight with against the Jannissaries. You`ll win in the end, BUT to do it perfectly and smoothly, you`ll need skill..

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►