1. #1
    Poodle_of_Doom's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,665

    AC3 Gameplay *SPOILERS*

    This was my first time watching the game play, and I think it's going to be really neat. I think there will be a lot of adjustments to make from previous games though, as it looks as if they've blown the wall on this one. I love it's design, and how it flows. It seems as if we really can use everything now. What are your thoughts on it?

    Haven't seen it? See below:



    That said, are their any questions on how to do that mission? Truth be known, I wish they'd make up something completely unrelated to the game, so we wouldn't have any idea of what was going on. Does anyone know who this silas is?
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Doesn't matter who Silas is. Hutchinson said we have not seen any real targets. Kinda odd. Thanks for the letdown though. Thought there was something new.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    tarrero's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    714
    To me this mission is similar to the Borgia Captains, which I like by the way,
    Share this post

  4. #4
    SaintPerkele's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    725
    A German gaming magazine wrote (I couldn't find this anywhere else though), that forts such as the one shown in the demo will function similar to Borgia towers, you can conquer them at any time and so on. That would imply that targets like Silas are, just like the Borgia Captain, not real persons. But since I haven't seen this anywhere else, this could as well be an assumption.

    EDIT: Hivemind much, tarrero?
    Share this post

  5. #5
    kriegerdesgottes's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,883
    Originally Posted by SaintPerkele Go to original post
    A German gaming magazine wrote (I couldn't find this anywhere else though), that forts such as the one shown in the demo will function similar to Borgia towers, you can conquer them at any time and so on. That would imply that targets like Silas are, just like the Borgia Captain, not real persons. But since I haven't seen this anywhere else, this could as well be an assumption.

    EDIT: Hivemind much, tarrero?
    If that's true then I just hope that it's like in RDR where if you leave the fort after you beat the game you can still come back and retake it because the game repopulates it whenever you leave. I hated in Revelations where once you beat the game and you took all the towers and put an assassin there that was just it.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,490
    Originally Posted by kriegerdesgottes Go to original post
    If that's true then I just hope that it's like in RDR where if you leave the fort after you beat the game you can still come back and retake it because the game repopulates it whenever you leave. I hated in Revelations where once you beat the game and you took all the towers and put an assassin there that was just it.
    Are you serious? Putting an Assassin there spared you from having to do Den Defense.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    SixKeys's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    11,796
    Originally Posted by LoyalACFan Go to original post
    Are you serious? Putting an Assassin there spared you from having to do Den Defense.
    Den Defense was awful but taking over the towers was fun. I think he means you should have been able to replay the den-capturing parts without having to go through Den Defense.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    OriginalMiles's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Black Room
    Posts
    1,165
    The more I see, the more tempted I am to steal a DeLorean.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    kriegerdesgottes's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,883
    Originally Posted by SixKeys Go to original post
    Den Defense was awful but taking over the towers was fun. I think he means you should have been able to replay the den-capturing parts without having to go through Den Defense.
    Yes that is what I meant. Sorry I haven't played Revelations in so long I literally blocked that den defense crap out of my mind but yes I meant I enjoyed the part where you have to go in and kill the guy/kill everyone and then kill the guy. I hope they do what RDR did like I said before and make it so that you can always come back and find the den inhabited so I can kill them again.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,490
    Originally Posted by kriegerdesgottes Go to original post
    Yes that is what I meant. Sorry I haven't played Revelations in so long I literally blocked that den defense crap out of my mind but yes I meant I enjoyed the part where you have to go in and kill the guy/kill everyone and then kill the guy. I hope they do what RDR did like I said before and make it so that you can always come back and find the den inhabited so I can kill them again.
    Oh, OK, I misunderstood you, I'm sorry. I agree with you, then. If they had just removed the Den Defense and allowed you to infiltrate the area and kill the captain again, that would have been pretty cool.
    Share this post