1. #1
    JCearlyyears's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,866

    I think it's a no-cheat Boston demo, old, but no cheats.

    In this video, the guy almost dies. I'm pretty sure he has unlimited ammo, because when he shoots his guns at the end, it stays at 25... I think. I can't tell if he had 12 rope darts before he threw one. What do you think?
    Share this post

  2. #2
    LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,490
    Yeah, in the stage demos, the ammunition was rigged so that the pistols basically became machine guns, in case one of the presenters got in a tight spot and needed to shoot their way out to save face rather than die in front of an audience. This video REALLY shows that, if you skip to about 11 minutes in. Infinite ammo with no reloads. He shoots like ten times in five seconds.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Also, recall that during the X06 demo for AC I, the player actually died towards the end, revealing the part about the modern storyline.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    JCearlyyears's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,866
    Wow he shot a lot of times. I hope there are cheats in the game. I like cheats.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by Ruquiscent Go to original post
    Also, recall that during the X06 demo for AC I, the player actually died towards the end, revealing the part about the modern storyline.
    Got interested in this post and found the video:


    Haha they did accidentally reveal Animus setting xD Still, most people had no idea the game was actually taking place in modern times
    Share this post

  6. #6
    SixKeys's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    11,799
    Maybe the Boston demo player was trying to show what happens if you try to rely on the old block-and-counter mechanic in AC3. The soldiers are clearly more aggressive, standing around won't work anymore. I am kind of disappointed that the health meter keeps refilling while you're in battle. If they wanted to make it truly challenging, they would make it so that it won't start refilling until you've either beaten all the enemies or run off and hide somewhere.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    MT4K's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,125
    Originally Posted by SixKeys Go to original post
    Maybe the Boston demo player was trying to show what happens if you try to rely on the old block-and-counter mechanic in AC3. The soldiers are clearly more aggressive, standing around won't work anymore. I am kind of disappointed that the health meter keeps refilling while you're in battle. If they wanted to make it truly challenging, they would make it so that it won't start refilling until you've either beaten all the enemies or run off and hide somewhere.
    That's going to be how it works in the final build. It probably was only like that to prevent somebody actually dying on the demo.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Will_Lucky's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    962
    Originally Posted by SixKeys Go to original post
    Maybe the Boston demo player was trying to show what happens if you try to rely on the old block-and-counter mechanic in AC3. The soldiers are clearly more aggressive, standing around won't work anymore. I am kind of disappointed that the health meter keeps refilling while you're in battle. If they wanted to make it truly challenging, they would make it so that it won't start refilling until you've either beaten all the enemies or run off and hide somewhere.
    I don't know, to me it looked like he really wasn't countering well if at all. He was too aggressive and the soldiers hit him as he assaulted instead of countering them.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Will_Lucky Go to original post
    I don't know, to me it looked like he really wasn't countering well if at all. He was too aggressive and the soldiers hit him as he assaulted instead of countering them.
    Someone who went to the UK public demo event said they were told the Boston demo didn't have the counter move available for some reason:

    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...footage/page12
    Share this post

  10. #10
    BBALive's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,053
    Originally Posted by Will_Lucky Go to original post
    I don't know, to me it looked like he really wasn't countering well if at all. He was too aggressive and the soldiers hit him as he assaulted instead of countering them.
    He mostly got hit while standing around trying to turtle like in past titles, showing that it isn't an effective tactic anymore.

    Originally Posted by twenty_glyphs Go to original post
    Someone who went to the UK public demo event said they were told the Boston demo didn't have the counter move available for some reason:

    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...footage/page12
    That's only relevant to that particular demonstration. In every other version of the demo, we have seen Connor use counter.
    Share this post