Yeti Fatal Error at startup FIXED

Ok this is truly great news. After countless hours of troubleshooting, I finally found out what is causing the fatal yeti error when you get to the main menu. The answer? YOUR PROFILE. Turns out the way the data is written is bugged and will eventually cause your profile to become corrupt. When the game starts up it cannot load the profile, resulting in the game crashing to prevent further damage. Not to fear I have found a solution. I was running version 1.1 on Steam.

STEP 1

Begin by backing up your whole save file located at the folder shown in the picture below. Make a full copy of that folder on your desktop or somewhere safe. The folder should be a bunch of numbers.

STEP 2

Once the file is backed up, delete the original one. Launch the game. The game should properly launch now, and at the main menu, prompt you to enter a new profile. Name this whatever you want.

STEP 3

Once your profile is saved, exit the game. Go back to the location shown in the first image. There should be a completely new folder made up of numbers. This is your new profile.

Now, open up the backup folder with your old profile, copy the folder "Saved Game", and the files data0, data1, and data2. Drag those into your new profile folder. Overwrite any conflicts.

Now start up the game and everything should be back to the way it was.

If this does not work, you can just create a new profile and start from step one with your save file.

xGhostFleax's Avatar Member
    Worked for about 5 plays then BOOM! Yeti due to data corruption.

I disagree on the fix. It's a little bit unrelated. I very rarely experience Yeti error myself....
    Anyway, anyone who always getting this error should give it a shot while waiting for the patch.

Just hoping a correct fix on the next patches....

I did this and I no longer get the Yeti error. However, for some reason my game keeps freezing randomly, could be after a hour of playing or five minutes. Not sure if anyone else is getting this or if it's just me.

Originally Posted by IShadow Hunter Go to original post
    I did this and I no longer get the Yeti error. However, for some reason my game keeps freezing randomly, could be after a hour of playing or five minutes. Not sure if anyone else is getting this or if it's just me.
    It is not just you.
    My game keeps freezing too.

I have given up playing the game.
    I have never ever had a game at launch be so bugged that I can't even play the thing until this game.

i did this and it let me back in the main menu, then it asked my name i put the account in and now its back to crashing again and i dont even have any files to delete now. so i cant redo it. whatever you had me do worked once and then when it crashes again it wont redo it. something is definitely corrupt with the profiles. my game has been dead since the day i beat the campaign, i beat the whole thing and then, now it won't work anymore. its freaking ****! and im just sitting on steam with my thumb up my *** that are not being helpful or letting me know anything. i have respect for ubisoft although this release certainly takes issue with that, ill try and remain steadfast, but my time with steam is over, maybe when half life 3 comes out ill buy from them, but im not getting anymore other games from them. i haven't seen one single update on steam since i pre-purchsed the game and then received it june 26th. im going to buy as close tot he developer as i possibly can for now on.

just to be clear, ive reinstalled 5 times after deleting game and my documents gr folder, ive verified files on steam before, ive been without my game for over 2 weeks now. it crashes with yeti in the background right when the main menu should come up.