My saves are lost completely!

Dear ubisoft (it was sarcasm) is it so complex for you to test YOUR SOFTWARE before forcing players to update?! Burn in hell!

Xyne's Avatar Junior Member
    Restarting the game launcher did not bring back my save games. I restarted the launcher a few times, as well as restarting my computer. Following the instruction posted here, there were not any saved games in this location "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegame_storage\YXJhdm9u\44" I continued from my last map, hereo back to level 1 without any of the items/equipment. The game did auto save, and I also manually saved. These saves are showing up in the second location "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\5910f07d-b747-42f3-bb34-82fadda74d80\44" It is very frustrating that all my previous effort is gone and pretty crap that Ubi soft is able to delete my save game data from my computer. You guys are fortunate for only having to spend 50 bucks on your game...in Australia it's 86 bucks to 110 for new games and the Aussie dollar is even to the US dollar right now. I saw in a different thread, but my game is also now just loading the launcher, it almost loads the game, but freezes up, and goes back to the launcher screen stating that I've just played the game for 1 minute...awesome

I have lost all my saved games because of the STUPID update.
    Yes, I am ranting.
    And Yes, Ubisoft, you need to feel our pain.
    The least you can do is to show some sympathy for the plight YOU INFLICTED ON YOUR CUSTOMERS!
    Grow a soul, or at least pretend. It is PR 101.

Originally Posted by Ubi_Irina Go to original post
    Hello guys,

to get your saves back you need to let the launcher perform the cloud sync upon exiting the game, exit the launcher, reopen it and launch the game once again. Saves should be available once again.

Basically, you need to restart Uplay. Please, tell me if it works for you!
    This doesn't help because I can't even start the game, so there is no exiting the game. I start game, it syncs, then goes straight to after game report. Given the nature of the cloud server, I am assuming my data is still there and you will restore it. Was it assuming or expecting...ahh, no matter. Chop Chop!

For me, my save games were gone, I restarted the uPlay launcher and nothing happened. Tried again, and this time the cloud sync occurred (there was a percentage progress meter, which took about 60 seconds to complete). HOWEVER, my most recent save game was from March! Ubi... you really, really suck!

Update: copying in the save game folder from the c:/Users... path described above brought my save games back to current, for now.

I truly pity the uninitiated person trying to play this game. If you don't have access to this forum and an advanced degree, you're likely ready to throw your computer out the window by now.

Originally Posted by Mhantra Go to original post
    This doesn't help because I can't even start the game, so there is no exiting the game. I start game, it syncs, then goes straight to after game report. Given the nature of the cloud server, I am assuming my data is still there and you will restore it. Was it assuming or expecting...ahh, no matter. Chop Chop!
    Same here; well, same with my friend. He called me to tell me about the patch (we were hoping it would fix bugs, like that darned mouse-voice you get if you dare to increase battle speed). But he is unable to get the game to start/play after it autopatched.

Not sure how to help the poor guy, as mine seems to work fine.

A patch is nice, but this is a sad patch. Candy is nice too, but this patch is like getting an old hard-candy that has been in your grandparents candy dish for years. . .

For those who cannot locate or find okd save files in " C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegame_storage\YXJhdm9u\44"
    Make sure you have checked the option of showing hidden files.

Originally Posted by drozdpetr.1 Go to original post
    Hello.
    I have not last save game. My last save game with date 2. july 2012 named "petr" is not in the repository.
    Hey! Answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pěkně jste to zkurvili. měsíce hraní hry jsou v piči. jste zasraní buzeranti!!!!!! doufám že ty zpičené sejvka budu mit do konce týdne v uložišti!

Same problem. Save games are dropped after sync with Cloud. Why do you fix something that is not broke Ubi? You guys bored or something?