Patch 1.3 is coming July 5th to retail and Steam [unconfirmed rumour]

Only three days!

I just talked to a Ubisoft technician (not going to reveal which country as he/she, now called "UBI", is the only one working with it) and their support for the third time today. If you're interested in why and the backstory you could search through my previous posts.

I've got 4 copies that I was ready to demand a refund for and after three calls back and forth to Ubisoft support "UBI" told me the following:

Patch 1.3 will be pushed to retail/DD/Steam July 5th. Changelogs are:

Code:
    Input compatibility (hopefully all keyboards and mice etc.)
    Punkbuster update
    Multiplayer stability
    Unfortunately it does not cover the dreaded "Yeti" error that many receive or any of the other crashes. But at least it might fix some multiplayer disconnects and keyboard/mouse support.

"UBI" also confirmed that Ubisoft are currently working on 1.4 simultaniously (1.3 going through QA) and that it HOPEFULLY will be ready in time to be integrated into the 1.3 patch July 5th.

"UBI" did not read me the whole changelog for 1.4 but confirmed that it will include the following:

Code:
    Hardware compatibility
    Lot of stability fixes
    Lets hope it'll be a good enough patch to fix most issues, at least the crashes which make the game unplayable!

On a side-note, "UBI" also guaranteed me that if the patches doesn't fix my or my friends crashes, I'll be getting their support and backing for a 4-copy refund from Steam (bought 4 copies for me and friends), which will guarantee the refund.

It is annoying that the game doesn't work properly for a lot of people right now, but hopefully we can hold out three days.

Thought people should know.

Still 3 days lol another fail Why doesnt ubi confirm this itself. Bunch of failers. that means That a week after release we still cant play.

what about the windows xp?!?! will windows xp users able to play the game?????

Sadly no word on SLI support. Game works great for me. Just with we'd get the SLI support for a little extra boost in performance.

At least we should be glad something is actually happening. If it's enough or not, that's up to the single user to decide.

Even if "UBI" would have lied to stall (which I honestly doubt he/she did and I'm rarely wrong about those things) I still win. If they fix my problems I get to play it properly and I'll be satisfied. If they doesn't fix my problems with the game I'm guaranteed a refund of my 200€ (4 copies). Either way I win.

Originally Posted by pc_load_letter Go to original post
    Sadly no word on SLI support. Game works great for me. Just with we'd get the SLI support for a little extra boost in performance.
    Unfortunately "UBI" didn't say anything about SLI, but it might be part of 1.4 as "UBI" didn't read the whole changelog of 1.4 to me. That's just a guess though so don't hold me to it.

Originally Posted by Antalore Go to original post
    what about the windows xp?!?! will windows xp users able to play the game?????
    I doubt that XP will be part of these patches as they're currently working on fixing what is already broke. Adding support for an operating system that even Microsoft doesn't support anymore will probably come down the road.

I'm realy thinking about spamming, trolling and flaming whole this forum.
    Maybe when we will have a sh!tstorm over here they will wake up.
    Near all players can't play longer than 5-10 minutes, most of them can't finish single round.
    This problem is still active since near ONE WEEK.
    If patch gonna pop up 5th June it's near 2 weeks since release of the game.
    So players can't play near 2 weeks online?!
    That's idiotic for me...
    Ubi didn't make even a small official notice or anno about this update and this issue.

Let flamewar begins...

Beylous's Avatar Member
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Awww, does that mean no fix for the black borders yet that I have around my screen? I can't stand to play with those borders, already asked for a refund via Steam hoping I get it and i'll buy this game once they fixed the black borders. Meanwhile i'll play something else.

Originally Posted by Gertmas Go to original post
    Awww, does that mean no fix for the black borders yet that I have around my screen? I can't stand to play with those borders, already asked for a refund via Steam hoping I get it and i'll buy this game once they fixed the black borders. Meanwhile i'll play something else.
    There could always be some extra fixes that are too small to put in a changelog. Besides, he/she didn't read the whole 1.4 changelog (only the part that hopefully will fix my issues - stability). It COULD be fixed in either of those. But again, don't hold me to that, there's more in 1.4 than I know of.

Would be nice to see such info thread posted by someone from Ubi (if it's there somewhere I apologise). Still, good to have such info.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... Last ►►