Anyone else think playing Desmond is boring and kind of cheezy?

At first when I saw Desmond and how AC would work and I was able to control Desmond I thought it was kind of cool. Then I started to do some gameplay in brotherhood when we went to Ezio's old city then I was interested then I thought it was kind of cheezy. Then I got bored of it to the point where I was just like "Can I get back to playing Assassins Creed already"

Now I hear Desmond is going to have a bigger role then ever and I am like "Oh god" Now with AC3 I have my positive views that maybe Desmond is going to have this more Free Roam ability in the new AC3 but idk.

I know everyone has there opinions and maybe some of you liked Desmond gameplay but me personally I just started to get bored of it and found the scenes boring and cheezy. As in the whole Ezio town just made me feel like I was in a ps2 confined atmosphere.

Update: BTW, I do not think the overall story the inlcues Desmond is stupid I am referring to gameplay that "I" thought was boring and the alot of scenes that "I" thought were cheezy.

ignition11's Avatar Member
    It's called Monteriggioni, not Ezio Town.

FrankieSatt's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by mockers00 Go to original post
    At first when I saw Desmond and how AC would work and I was able to control Desmond I thought it was kind of cool. Then I started to do some gameplay in brotherhood when we went to Ezio's old city then I was interested then I thought it was kind of cheezy. Then I got bored of it to the point where I was just like "Can I get back to playing Assassins Creed already"

Now I hear Desmond is going to have a bigger role then ever and I am like "Oh god" Now with AC3 I have my positive views that maybe Desmond is going to have this more Free Roam ability in the new AC3 but idk.

I know everyone has there opinions and maybe some of you liked Desmond gameplay but me personally I just started to get bored of it and found the scenes boring and cheezy. As in the whole Ezio town just made me feel like I was in a ps2 confined atmosphere.
    Desmond IS the story. The one constant from AC1 to now IS Desmond. He's been in every single game, even it was brief. They have to have more of Desmond because they have to finish up his story.

To answer your question, NO I don't find playing Desmond boring. I love the story line.

dxsxhxcx's Avatar Senior Member
    I believe his role gives more flavor to the sauce (if you know what I mean) but the character itself isn`t much interesting, IMO they lost the chance to make him more likeable/interesting in ACR when they decided to make his missions the way they did...

JCearlyyears's Avatar Senior Member
    Assassin's Creed has NEVER just been about the ancestor. That's just not what the game is all about. There are two halves. Unfortunately, Desmond gets the smaller half. The only reason why we even got to play with the ancestors is because of Desmond. He needed training and also needed to look for POEs. It does make sense though that we never got to play as Desmond before because they never had time.
    I liked the first person memories in ACR, but I wish they would have had playable memories. I think that would have made more sense and sure, how fun is it to be a bartender?, but still, it would have been better in my opinion.

Dralight's Avatar Member
    I find Desmond's part of the story the most interesting, actually. He NEEDS to have a bigger role than in previous games this time since they're wrapping up his story in AC3.

JCearlyyears's Avatar Senior Member
    I remember a long time ago that they said AC3 will see Desmond become the ultimate assassin.

Dralight's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by JCearlyyears Go to original post
    I remember a long time ago that they said AC3 will see Desmond become the ultimate assassin.
    I hope so. After gaining the skills of 2 of the greatest assassins of all time, it would be a waste for him not to finally put his skills to use. One of the main reasons Desmond started reliving Ezio's memories was for the specific reason of training to become an assassin.

I never said I did not find the AC story in whole not interesting? I just thought the gameplay and most of the scenes were cheezy and boring. I think it would be cool if Desmond had more free roam and more combat in AC3, if he got unleashed on the streets of New York in free roam I'm done *In a good way* :]

Originally Posted by ignition11 Go to original post
    It's called Monteriggioni, not Ezio Town.
    Sorry? :\

dxsxhxcx's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by mockers00 Go to original post
    I never said I did not find the AC story in whole not interesting? I just thought the gameplay and most of the scenes were cheezy and boring.
    I agree with, the gameplay could`ve been a lot better, the scenes are OK IMO, I just hope he doesn`t keep whining about Lucy the entire game, this would be boring... hehe...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►