Ubi_Antoine's Avatar Community Developer

Bugs Report - FPS / Resolution

Hello!

The team continues to work hard, improving the game experience, supporting the title and listening to the feedback. There are multiple updates planned over the life of the game and here is some additional information on to what exactly each type of update contains: http://ghost-recon.ubi.com/gr-portal...t=tcm:6-231-32

--

This thread is all about "resolution or FPS" issues.

Repro steps and your PC configuration are essential - please share the upper part of your DxDiag if possible.
    We'll go very often on this thread and this will help us fix as soon as possible the potential bugs.
    Many thanks!

Please read before posting

--

Known issues

You should update all your drivers to the latest version before posting.

- The game is working well on 16/9 resolution types. For 4/3 resolutions you may see black bars on the screen. The game is limited to 60 FPS(this cannot be changed as the game use components limited at 60FPS).
    - Resolution do not change issue - Please do not change the configuration file manually (in case the file is not recognize the default settings will apply). In this case try to delete the configuration file and restart the game.
    - Resolution was locked to 24hz issue – we are working to find a solution, until then please reduce the resolution to 1680x1050 and try again.
    - SLI/Crossfire video cards are not supported (multiple GPU) . In this case please disable the multi-GPU support. Dev team is working to fix this feature.
    - Multiple monitors (high resolution) may encounter black bars. In this case please use only one monitor to play the game. A fix is WIP in dev team.
    - Low FPS is encounter in case you put the video option to high. In case you have low FPS please set to low ‘Shadow quality’ , ‘Volumetric lighting’ , ‘Ambient occlusion’ and lower resolution .
    - Low FPS on some laptops models: dev team is working to optimize the GPU loading in order to increase the FPS on mobile hardware.

Temporary workaround
    For a better FPS (until the patch will be available), you should decrease the video options.

NOTE:

Please use these threads ONLY for the purpose of reporting Bugs and issues.

Post ONCE with details - if you need to add something else, please edit your original post, rather than making a new post.

Offtopic posts - chatter and posts not relating to the topic WILL be deleted.

Please also remember you should contact Ubisoft Support about any and all support issues, such as this.
    Ubisoft Support Website

Khyber_GT's Avatar Member
    no 16x10 support... flips desk... widescreen gaming forum will have tio fix that FOR YOU

If you guys could also implement the ability to run the game at a refresh rate higher than 60Hz that would be great. I am running on a 120Hz monitor (Planar SA2311w) and the game just feels super sluggish. Refresh rates have a MAJOR impact on game fluidity. The refresh rate correlates to the the max number of frames that can be displayed on the screen at a given time. Obviously with a higher refresh rate, the image will be refreshed much faster, thus bringing you a smoother gaming experience Comparing 120Hz to 60Hz, the game will run twice as fast, so to speak. Even if the game is locked at 60FPs, it will still play much smoother on a 120Hz monitor. Heck, I'm sure people running a 75Hz monitor would notice difference running at 75Hz as compared to the 60Hz. Having a locked 60Hz refresh rate also impacts stereoscopic 3D gaming as well. Typically when you are running a 3D enabled game in a stereoscopic environment - 3DVision for example - you'll see 60FPs in each eye. 60FPS * 2 eyes = 120FPS = 120Hz. Since the game is currently locked at 60Hz, that means each eye will only see 30FPs (30FPS * 2 = 60FPS = 60Hz if you haven't caught on already). So a much slower 3D gaming experience when running in 60Hz as compared to running at the native 120Hz. I've also tried manually adding the game through the NVIDIA control panel and forcing it to run at 120Hz but the game resets itself to 60Hz upon launch. This is disappointing to say the least.

i7 860 @ 4GHz
    8GB RAM
    GTX 680 2GB
    Windows 7 x64
    All drivers up to date

Second this one, I have 120hz LCD too. Why not allow the user to select their refresh rate?

I hope this isn't the final word on the 24 hertz problem. It is not a problem on our end, I have done multiple installs and no other game has the issue.

You need to test using an HDTV monitor with HDMI. I talked to at least 20 other people who could replicate the problem, the game is broken currently. I guess if this is it for that issue then I need to seek a refund, I have never had an actually broken game, but being stuck at 24 fps is broken totally and completely.

Boit.Mecklyn's Avatar Member
    please for the love of gamers everywhere remove the 60fps cap!

Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Guys, please try and use this thread for reporting the Bugs ONLY.

Posting anything other than bug reports, with the information needed, only clutters the thread, making the teams job harder to identify people with the problem.

There are plenty of other threads, if you wish to chat and discuss this.

People it's a bug reporting forum which means STOP complaining about your specific issues in detail without the support to help the team figure out what is wrong. Post your dxdiag along with your message or don't post anything at all. Your wasting everyone else's time and prolonging all our our problems.

I have horrible issues with stutter, frame rates, contrast and resolution seems to be way off, almost feels like the CPU is doing all the work and no GPU is even present.

System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 6/27/2012, 12:11:51
    Machine name: MAIN-PC
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model: Z68X-UD3H-B3
    BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8110MB RAM
    Page File: 2866MB used, 5240MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
    DirectX Debug Levels
    --------------------
    Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1200&SUBSYS_35151458&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 4050 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 978 MB
    Shared Memory: 3072 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: LG TV
    Monitor Id: GSM0001
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
    Output Type: HDMI
    Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,n vwgf2um,nvwgf2um
    Driver File Version: 8.17.0013.0142 (English)
    Driver Version: 8.17.13.142
    DDI Version: 11
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 5/15/2012 06:48:00, 18044224 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp:
    Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-5140-11CF-6677-18151FC2C535}
    Vendor ID: 0x10DE
    Device ID: 0x1200
    SubSys ID: 0x35151458
    Revision ID: 0x00A1
    Driver Strong Name: oem99.inf:NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1:Section0 15:8.17.13.142ci\ven_10de&dev_1200
    Rank Of Driver: 00E62001
    Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_C ModeWMV9_C

"The game is working well on 16/9 resolution types. For 4/3 resolutions you may see black bars on the screen. The game is designed for 16/9 - no "fix" for that."
    WTF ... are You an idiots ?? 4/3 5/4 is normal resolution using on PC ... WTF ... where is even an info on box that should i know about that this game will not work properly on my PC screen !!????!!! For f sake!! FIX IT OR I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

"Resolution was locked to 24hz – we did not encounter this issue in our tests. Please try to reinstall the game. Please try to play the game on one display only."

This issue is related to the use do with HDMI connections. With an HDMI cable (using an HDTV), the game loads at 24 hertz if the default resolution is 1920 x 1080. You can load the game with 1680 x 1050 default at 60 hertz. Afterwards, you can switch back to 1920 x 1080 IN-GAME ONLY to play at 60 hertz. If the game crashes or you are to restart the game, the same 24 hertz problem persist if you have not revert back to 1680 x 1050 (or lower) before quitting - making it default load at 1920 x 1080 again.

When using a non-HDMI cord connection, the game loads well. However, the game still crashes often ("Nividia display driver has stopped responding but recovered"). I'm not sure while this is bad scripting via game or graphics driver.

Re-install does not fix the issue; please rewrite your scripts and patch our game. Thank you.

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... Last ►►