All steam users please read (mp connectivity)

For all you Steam users out there, I need to explain why you're having trouble connecting online. The good news is, it hopefully won't last long. The bad news is that the only current fix is pure luck.

The problem: Steam users do NOT have patch 1.2. Anytime you connect to a host with a different patch, you will be booted within 10-15 seconds of connecting. It's because you can't communicate through different versions.

The only fix is to either host a game, or get lucky and connect to a host who is using Steam. I hope this helps you all understand the issue. If you have further questions, I will try to help.

What about the manual patch up in the bug section? Does that update us to 1.2?

it does yet it does not different ppl sayin different things and one said " patch don't work cause you have to make sure it goes to the steam file path not the ubisoft from disc path"

I tried the steam filepath and it goes stupid and doesn't work. So i'm not sure.

Not, you can not currently manually patch the Steam version of the game. Until Steam lets 1.2 into their catalog, you're stuck with 1.0.

Go to your steam library, right click on GR:FS then go to Properties > Local files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache

Let that run it'll tell you it needs to retrieve one file. Close that window once it is finished and start GR:FS. It should run like it's first time startup, this should patch your game.

Originally Posted by Celera.tG Go to original post
    Go to your steam library, right click on GR:FS then go to Properties > Local files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache

Let that run it'll tell you it needs to retrieve one file. Close that window once it is finished and start GR:FS. It should run like it's first time startup, this should patch your game.
    All this did was make it go through first time setup. The game still did not patch to 1.2 for me.

it doesn''t put a 1.2 , but i was able to play online a game(but crash issue stoped me) and i was able to play co op also(again stop due to crash issues)
    just point the installation to tom clancy folder in steam

On that note, anyone know if there's a config/ini file or something that tells you the game's version? Maybe the display is wrong but the version is actually updated.

By the way, it doesn't do much. I tried verifying the files again in Steam and it just has it go again, so not too clear if it's really doing much. I'll try the manual patch after work or on a break.

Getting a weird problem the games wont start up with the error message that there is other Ubisoft programs running but i disable all the startup + checked the task manager + re download not still not working i'm pretty sure it a failed msg so any idea how to fix it? GRFS is such a disappointment i swear not to buy any other GR unless they could fix it asap instead of took the money and dont give a ****...