🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Anyone starting to get bored?

First of all this is not a hate thread.

IMO Rocksmith @ E3 was a failure. I mean, Bass and PC where officially introduced but it was nothing new. There was also a very big hype about this crazy legendary rock band and it seems to be Queen. Queen is legendary allright, but with all the HYPE I was hoping for a crazy hard to license band like Led Zeppelin...

So beside bass and PC, whats new? Nothing. No Rocksmith 2 announce, no new DLC tweaks or features to improve the game, and we probably are going to get only 3 songs every 15 days for a long time, meaning the probability of you not getting a DLC you like for a long time very high. So yeah Rocksmith is getting VERY boring...

what other year old games got big e3 publicity? oh... none? what were you expecting e3 is to hype all the new stuff coming out,

KinchBlade's Avatar Senior Member
    Personally I wouldn't use the word bored - I still think the software is a minor miracle and there are plenty of songs that I have yet to master.
    That said, I guess we're in a lull period while they work on new things and they overdid it with E3 and Queen. Problem is we knew all this stuff already so its uninspiring, for more casual users it may be big news.
    Somebody posted a screenshot earlier that showed less than 5% of people were interested in RS in the Press Release - over 50% were interested in a knife-wielding hooded man. We need to appreciate our current place in the foodchain.

I couldn't care less about big e3 publicity. That's not the point. For me they can keep it all to the booth..I was just hoping for some more, since bass and PC is something they already said it was going to happen 6/7 months ago. With or without a big e3 presentation, I was hoping for more just that

i think the big flaw they made was announcing that there would be something in the press conference. i dont mind they did not have any big news. because they have been telling us the big news as they decide it. would you have rathered they kept quiet about bass untill this e3 and anounced it for first time ?

Gold_Jim's Avatar Senior Member
    Here's a little suggestion: Open Source. You know how you can grab tablature from sites like http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/ and http://www.cowboylyrics.com/. There's also those of us who write out our own tabs. We pump the tunes and tab into software and submit it, then all they have to do is perform QA, testing, and licensing. It removes the need for them to do much of the development up front. Just a suggestion. The PC and MAC versions would be best suited for this.

JanEgilS's Avatar Member
    Not bored at all...and expect to continue with that

Originally Posted by KinchBlade Go to original post
    Somebody post a screenshoty that showed less than 5% of people interested in RS news - 50% were interested in a knife-wielding hooded man. We need to appreciate our current place in the foodchain.
    I love how I am part of the majority and the minority at the same time.

I honestly think Rocksmith would get more play by marketing/advertising at schools, music stores, concerts, etc... rather than something like E3. While this may be a 'game' it's honestly more like a glorified/badass version of any of the 'teach me guitar' software out there currently. You are most likely not going to see many die-hard gamers picking this up (unless they are also into guitar). You might also not find many guitarists who are willing to buy a console just to have this game (which is why Ubisoft is shooting themselves in the foot by not having PC support yet.. especially when the game first came out). The sweet spot is finding those gamer / aspiring-musicians.. and I doubt much of E3's viewing audience would be classified as that.

Originally Posted by PRS_Rocker Go to original post
    Here's a little suggestion: Open Source. You know how you can grab tablature from sites like http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/ and http://www.cowboylyrics.com/. There's also those of us who write out our own tabs. We pump the tunes and tab into software and submit it, then all they have to do is perform QA, testing, and licensing. It removes the need for them to do much of the development up front. Just a suggestion. The PC and MAC versions would be best suited for this.
    I agree! It would be nice to see something like this in the future! I have rocksmith for ps3, but il probably buy it for my laptop so I can take rocksmith with me to wherever I want

Originally Posted by rhinokio Go to original post
    i think the big flaw they made was announcing that there would be something in the press conference. i dont mind they did not have any big news. because they have been telling us the big news as they decide it. would you have rathered they kept quiet about bass untill this e3 and anounced it for first time ?
    Again, that's not my point. What I said it's that since bass and pc were predictable (ubisoft did well when they announced it before and after at the e3) so I was hoping for something more. At least weekly DLC since they keep saying the game generated a few millions and it was a sucess.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►