🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Bass anticipation overrated ?

Hi,
    I'm just curious as to why Bass DLC / support is such a big deal.

I understand that for players that DO play the Bass that it's exactly what they want.
    What about the rest of the RS players ? Are the majority of all RS players also playing the Bass ?

If RS decided to add "Drum" support that would be great for all drum players.
    But the Guitar players would not really be bothered. We want more guitar stuff added !

Apparently I have no idea what I'm talking about
    Could somebody just throw in their 5 cents as to why this all is such a big deal.

Gold_Jim's Avatar Senior Member
    Personally, I could care less if they ever add bass support, but I think it's the right track to head towards drums, vocals and keys for a kind of a BandSmith. Wouldn't that be a blast?

BCRichASM1's Avatar Member
    i have a bass that i dont play often and if RS added bass support it would give me a reason to play it...also it would be a great thing for multiplayer as some of my friends play guitar and some play bass i think it would make things a lil more fun and a tad more interesting

As a bass player myself, I'm not really that pumped up for bass on RS. The song catalog just doesn't do it for me when it comes to bass... I'd much rather play funk, hip-hop, and pop music on my bass then the typical bland bass lines you find in most rock music.

C.Linton's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by muzac989 Go to original post
    As a bass player myself, I'm not really that pumped up for bass on RS. The song catalog just doesn't do it for me when it comes to bass... I'd much rather play funk, hip-hop, and pop music on my bass then the typical bland bass lines you find in most rock music.
    No offense meant, but I find tht a rather narrow viewpoint. As a basist of 40+ years, I will dmit, ther aare a lot of songs in RS I have never even heard of, and from what I have heard so afr, they are not really my "cup of tea". However, I fully intend to at least try all of them regardless,as I feel all of them will have something to teach me and in the end I wi;l come away a more well-rounded bassis t overall.
    And as far as "the typical bland bass lines you find in most rock music".? All I can say is you must have not been listening to the right rock music., f you think pop and hip hop have more interesting bass lines.

Gold_Jim's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by C.Linton Go to original post
    And as far as "the typical bland bass lines you find in most rock music".? All I can say is you must have not been listening to the right rock music., f you think pop and hip hop have more interesting bass lines.
    +1, C.Linton

There's a lot of these songs I've never heard of either. That said, I've heard a lot of dull and pointless bass lines in several genres of music, including funk, pop, and ESPECIALLY hip hop. OMFG, a big, round open E that plays infrequently enough to let the vocal through? Give me "Slow Ride" any day over that. There's a guitar, bass, drums, and keyboard line you can sink your teeth into!

RSDAVE's Avatar Senior Member
    Learning a new instrument is a lot like learning another language, it just makes you richer

C.Linton's Avatar Senior Member
    Yup, it's called expanding your horizons. Always a good thing for a musician to do.

Steel_Nirvana's Avatar Senior Member
    Yeah, how could they possibly do something that benefits someone else before making sure I'm fully satisfied?! The nerve.

I have no intention of playing, but I think he bass expansion is a good thing--rock on, UbiSoft.

Muse songs would be great for bass in RS.

and