Marauder359's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by toymachinesh Go to original post
    No.
    Hmmm... well, sadly, I could at least see the comparison therein. Tool and Pink Floyd? Not so much.

Originally Posted by Marauder359 Go to original post
    Hmmm... well, sadly, I could at least see the comparison therein. Tool and Pink Floyd? Not so much.
    That's what I was thinking when I read that...

I will have to agree with you, pink floyd is pink floyd and while tool is great, they ain't Pink Floyd.

KinchBlade's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by steeljake Go to original post
    seriously wtf?!?!? all that hype about some band tba and then 90 mins and not one single word? i hope ubisoft burns to the ground.
    Wow, I come back to find virtual glass and blood in the streets - yet again they manage to pluck defeat from the jaws of victory by messing up their basic comms. I'm glad they write software better than they manage info updates.

Such treachery...E3 Brute?

Anyway, there's nothing we don't know already so big whoop. But then... I didn't spend 90 minutes waiting.

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member

Steel_Nirvana's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by KinchBlade Go to original post
    Wow, I come back to find virtual glass and blood in the streets - yet again they manage to pluck defeat from the jaws of victory by messing up their basic comms. I'm glad they write software better than they manage info updates.

Such treachery...E3 Brute?

Anyway, there's nothing we don't know already so big whoop. But then... I didn't spend 90 minutes waiting.
    RS is the really small fish in the UbiSoft pond, and the most likely to be bumped, probably. Color me old an cynical, but I'm having trouble seeing the tragedy inherent in the situation.

It's a Catch-22 for them, really. These kinds of thing evolve and change right up until the last minute; that's the nature of the beast. But if they don't put out any teasers based on early info, the community throws a fit and calls them incompetent. But if they do provide teasers with their best early info, and something changes, the community throws a fit and calls them incompetent.

I say good on 'em for trying to keep us informed, even though things didn't work out as planned.

Marauder359's Avatar Banned
    I don't really want to get into the finer points of what they did and didn't do right. However, simply put, they need to find a better balance of information and mystery. All they really had to do was give a generic statement to be on the lookout for news relating to RS during E3. They didn't have to be specific about when or where. Once they were, they should've followed through... that's not to say they should've forced stuff into their presentation, merely that if it had been cut, it wasn't cut 5 mins before... How long does it take to make a forum post or a tweet that the info dump that was promised has been pushed... I understand it was probably hectic and whatnot, but as hectic as it was, it was far less hectic for the folks that were lured into watching a 90 minute presentation based on faulty intel. Again, not the end of the world, but a simple tweet, facebook post, or forum update would've prevented a good amount of ill will... but again, that never would've been an issue had they been more adept at being intentionally vague.

And, to tell you the truth, I don't really believe them. I don't believe they were ever going to include RS in the presentation for the exact reasons you've laid out over the last few days... it made no sense for it to be included, and the somewhat lackluster information that's subsequently been presented, and certainly not in a streamlined fashion, makes it pretty clear this was never destined for the stage as they suggested.

What is the information? Queen? No, Paul Cross said that the official announcement for that is next week... so, it clearly wasn't going to be officially announced at the presentation... if it were, why now hold it for a week? The PC version? They still haven't given any specifics on that as far as I know... A few pictures here and there aren't really E3 stage worthy... Bass Expansion? I guess they could've shown that little video on stage, but beyond that? Lastly, perhaps the biggest news for some current players is the speed adjustment patch... but announcing a patch on such a stage? I don't think so.... bad PR move 101, there.... So, really, what would've been in the presentation? Not a whole lot. So why piss people off? It was just a hamfisted handling of their biggest PR opportunity of the year. That said, it makes no difference.

Originally Posted by Steel_Nirvana Go to original post
    RS is the really small fish in the UbiSoft pond, and the most likely to be bumped, probably. Color me old an cynical, but I'm having trouble seeing the tragedy inherent in the situation.
    +1
    Rocksmith got it's day in the sun during last year's conference and even then it was just a video montage made up mostly of interviews. So, no live demo on stage. Thought it was odd that it would get stage time during this year as well. But Ubi's been known to do crazier stuff. Anyone remember the live laser-tag demo from a couple years ago?

I'm sure it would've been shown on stage this year if Ubi had announced bass and made it a feature exclusive Rocksmith 2

At least RS is on the show floor this year. IIRC, they were stuck on their tour bus last year, So you had to leave the convention center to try it out

KinchBlade's Avatar Senior Member

...However, simply put, they need to find a better balance of information and mystery...
    Again, not the end of the world, but a simple tweet, facebook post, or forum update would've prevented a good amount of ill will... but again, that never would've been an issue had they been more adept at being intentionally vague.

Couldn't agree more. E3 etc. is of no interest to me whatsoever but ...

I appreciate RS is small potatoes and that they probably get f*cked around on priorities and resources etc. but like I've always maintained here - its better to underpromise and over-deliver - especially to the hyper-vigilant crowd on this forum.
    And if for some reason the plan changes, let people know briefly and fast (Mr. Kinch-leone is a man who insists on hearing bad news immediately) and there'll be no problem.

And finally, teasing is for schoolkids. I think the Queen thing backfired badly. I realise I'm in the minority on this one though.

And finally, finally, not even a jeer for my Julius Caesar quip? Tough crowd

Pancho X1's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by KinchBlade Go to original post
    And finally, finally, not even a jeer for my Julius Ceasar quip? Tough crowd

Ha! I actually missed that the first time. Had to go back and read it. very witty Mr. Kinch