🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    1) Queen appear on almost all "top 100 classic rock band" lists, most "top 50", and several "top 10" lists. But "top 5"? Trolling or hallucinatory fanboi-ism. Take a look at a lot of lists and everyone from the Ramones, Jimi Hendrix, CCR, the Velvet Underground, the Dead, Cream, Van Halen and even Bob Marley and Wailers get into the Top 5 on various people/organization's lists - but almost never Queen. After years in a sort of doldrums of eternal B-list-status, they had a resurgence, but they never really hit full-on "A list" status in most quarters. These "top whatever" lists are preposterous, but some statements are just too far out. If you love Queen, enjoy their music, and I'm happy for you, but that doesn't make the world flat.

2) Where did this crazy idea that music licensed by Sony/ATV would "never" be on a Microsoft system come from? The existence of the Beatles Rockband special edition for XBox seems to put a stake through the heart of that idea. (But I'm hardly holding my breath that there will be Beatles DLC any time soon.)

3) Most importantly, at what time tomorrow (Tuesday) do we get to make fun of Paul's bass playing skills?

Originally Posted by tomdarch Go to original post
    1)
    3) Most importantly, at what time tomorrow (Tuesday) do we get to make fun of Paul's bass playing skills?
    +1

Yeah what time will it be? and is it going to be streamed?

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by frooger1234 Go to original post
    I'm only hoping they announce Pink Floyd rocksmith, you know? A band that might actually sell? I doubt many people listen to tool, I mean sure they have millions of fans but when it comes to selling video games one million fans isn't much. Now being realistic, pink Floyd has many more fans than tool and will appeal to people more. Maye Dlc of both bands would be fine.
    it's funny because Tool is the Pink Floyd of my generation

Originally Posted by toymachinesh Go to original post
    I'd have to disagree.

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    A progressive band making sarcastic commentary on the way people live their lives and many abstract concepts while being experimental and using visual media to convey a varying range of emotions and draw people further in.

Originally Posted by frooger1234 Go to original post
    I'm only hoping they announce Pink Floyd rocksmith, you know? A band that might actually sell? I doubt many people listen to tool, I mean sure they have millions of fans but when it comes to selling video games one million fans isn't much. Now being realistic, pink Floyd has many more fans than tool and will appeal to people more. Maye Dlc of both bands would be fine.
    Tool's last two albums have hit #1 on the billboard charts. I don't see how DLC of theirs couldn't sell, especially considering it would be the best DLC released so far. I would say calling them the Pink Floyd of our generation is pretty accurate. They are really dedicated to their art. I mean, if you don't get goosebumps from Reflection then your ears don't work.

DLC of both? Sign me up.

E3 mixup is no big deal to me, I wasn't fanboy enough to sit and watch it live. I just skimmed it for videos. Assassin's Creed 3 looks pretty interesting. This ctOS game made my watchlist, though. Looks really fun.

Originally Posted by toymachinesh Go to original post
    +1 every time I see a music video from them I wish for a full album like the wall

majorerickson's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Black_Widow9 Go to original post
    Yes!!! Thanks for the "Visual Re-assurance" that the PC version is a reality! Can't wait for "sometime later this year"

Pancho X1's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by majorerickson Go to original post
    Yes!!! Thanks for the "Visual Re-assurance" that the PC version is a reality! Can't wait for "sometime later this year"
    I want to know the specs so I can know if it will run on my laptop. if so, I may buy it to go with my xbox version for travel and work.

HadOne2Many's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by tomdarch Go to original post
    2) Where did this crazy idea that music licensed by Sony/ATV would "never" be on a Microsoft system come from? The existence of the Beatles Rockband special edition for XBox seems to put a stake through the heart of that idea. (But I'm hardly holding my breath that there will be Beatles DLC any time soon.)
    Exactly. That combined with the fact that there are already many artist in the game that Sony holds the license for (both on disc and as DLC) kind of mutes the whole point. But like you I'm not truly expecting the Beatles.