Help me master panic switch - half crazy here with frustration!!

I've mastered everything on this song apart from the first solo near the end which i've managed to level up to 86%. However I can't get any further and it's starting to drive me nuts. I swear that the computer isn't registering my notes on purpose because I play it perfectly in riff repeater and i just get the message, try again

So what techniques can you give me to conquer my last mountain in riff repeater? The problem seems to lie when the first yellow note is introduced on the A string - for some reason i can't nail the riff when that's included. I need this badly, otherwise I might do something stupid.....

Pete

SeattleSauve's Avatar Senior Member
    If you are going nuts on a section, don't panic, switch songs for a bit and come back

Anyhow, here's a vid that shows the fingering that might help you:

You can always take a vid of a run and double check to see which notes you are missing.

derrickhenry1's Avatar Senior Member
    It definitely registers, I would say make sure your voume knobs are turned up all the way and like seattle pointed out the guy in the video shows how to play the song.

Yeah that guy is good - noticed he made had to 'cut' and paste the video on the hard bit too Maybe in another week or two I'll crack it. Definitely easier with my strat compared to the other guitar I'm using - I think this will be the main form of attack.

SeattleSauve's Avatar Senior Member
    I've followed matt for some time, and I know he's more than good enough to not need to do a cut at the single note sections of the song. Where is the cut? I didn't notice it. Once you get this section down at a slower speed and get it ingrained in your muscle memory you'll find it much easier.

sh1kamaru-'s Avatar Senior Member
    Nice FC Derrikhenry and oh the inlays on that PRS are really gorgeous

anyway, to the point, I have some trouble as well with those patterns where you successively pick/hammer on and move to other strings. There is a similar pattern like this in Boss, but it’s just a little bit faster I think. Since these are repeated a lot in that song, it might be the shortest track to build speed upon that pattern. Go to Riff Repeater and work on it. Good luck

Originally Posted by sh1kamaru- Go to original post
    Nice FC Derrikhenry and oh the inlays on that PRS are really gorgeous

anyway, to the point, I have some trouble as well with those patterns where you successively pick/hammer on and move to other strings. There is a similar pattern like this in Boss, but it’s just a little bit faster I think. Since these are repeated a lot in that song, it might be the shortest track to build speed upon that pattern. Go to Riff Repeater and work on it. Good luck

Hendrix seemed to like this type of pattern also. So you will see it quite a bit.

Will let you all know how i get on!

It may not be a cut but it looks like one ! it occurs in the solo 1 section - sound is continuous but the camera moves position.