Hi all,

Is it possible to patch to 1.5 without the U boat expansion pack ?

Yooperbacker's Avatar Moderator
    Hello Lucius Esox,

The answer is no. The U-boat missions adds the U-boat side plus adds fixes to the game.

When Ubi first went to 1.5 you could buy an expansion pack to update to 1.5 but that is hard to find now. If you do find the expansion pack first check and see how much the Silent Hunter with U-boats (gold edition) cost. They maybe close to the same price.

Ok, thx very much

pnwdom's Avatar Member
    Steam has the patch if you use it.

Ty for your advice :-)

I bought the game originally on Steam and tbh it didn't run very well and I coldn't mod it.

My game kept developing the problem of running extremely slow. I now run 1.4 with TriggerMaru and PE4 mods,, thus far it is fine :-)

it does work plus if you buy the game ubisoft sends you a COMPACT DISC recordable that only has a COMPACT DISC menu for downloading the game which is lame because i get those windows xray papa virus warning things that macafee does not detect stop zilla detects them but eleminates most cookies from facebook which i need because sturm kimble beats me

Originally posted by Lucius_Esox:
    Hi all,

Originally posted by kkk197525:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lucius_Esox:
    Hi all,

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wolferz's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by Lucius_Esox:
    Ty for your advice :-)

I bought the game originally on Steam and tbh it didn't run very well and I coldn't mod it.

My game kept developing the problem of running extremely slow. I now run 1.4 with TriggerMaru and PE4 mods,, thus far it is fine :-)
    All versions of TMO already contain an environment mod so, there is no need to run PE4.

1.5 Expansion pack

I bought the expansion pack when it came out. I bought it from Ubisoft and they sent me an activation code. When I first installed it, it worked. I recently reinstalled the game on a new computer - which worked fine. I patched it to 1.4 and tried to reinstall the expansion pack. The original installation software told my the code activation site had and "undefined error" I contacted Ubisoft tech support and they told me to use Uplay to activate it. I did and received an "invalid code" error.

There is OBVIOUSLY an error in their Digital Rights Management software or database. They don't seem to be able to fix anything - they asked me for a picture of the "package insert" - REALLY??? - from a digital download !! Great tech support.

I would not purchase anything through their digital download. It bad enough the software is full of bugs but now they've apparently decided that in the interest of protecting their "digital rights" their customers can not use the software they paid for