Word is out that a patch for LOMAC might include an interface to access the flight variables (SDK?)LUA Scripting? for cockpit builders as per F4 or MSFS. Lets hope that this can be incorporated into the Pacific Fighters, BOB, or IL2FB in the near future. My gauges are waiting to be ordered!!!!!!

bm357_Hawki

Word is out that a patch for LOMAC might include an interface to access the flight variables (SDK?)LUA Scripting? for cockpit builders as per F4 or MSFS. Lets hope that this can be incorporated into the Pacific Fighters, BOB, or IL2FB in the near future. My gauges are waiting to be ordered!!!!!!

bm357_Hawki

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    Wouldnt that involve opening up the source code?

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> [/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>vflyer@comcast.net[/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>99thPursuit Squadron IL2 Forgotten Battles[/list]
    UDQMG | HYPERLOBBY | IL2 Manager | MUDMOVERS

LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Senior Member
    I don't even know what the Newbie said.

&gt;&gt;Wouldnt that involve opening up the source code?

No, it would just require providing hooks to the data via a DLL. And documenting the interface for the DLL.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BM357_Hawki:

bm357_Hawki<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We don't plan such a feature.

I think this feature would be nice to have. Do you think it would be too much trouble to implement the feature or don´t you like it for some other reason? I think it might not be too difficult to do, since for example with Falcon4 the necessary data is taken straight from memory without any special dll files if I´ve understood right.

Just look at http://www.simkits.com/ and think how much fun that stuff must be...

BaldieJr's Avatar Senior Member
    I just finished the construction phase of my cockpit (only needs paint!). Soon I'll begin wiring it for switches, lights, guages, and controlls.

I can't wait to get my MSFS2004 P-40 fully functional

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    ______ _____
    (, / ) /) /) , (, /
    /---( _ // _(/ _ / __ ,""""]
    +----/ ____)(_(_(/_(_(__(__(/____/__/ (__--------,' /---+
    | / ( / ,' NR / |
    |(_/ ..-""``"'-._ (_/ __,' 42 _/ |
    +-.-"" "-..,____________/7,.--"" __]-----+

</pre>

Some pictures of the cockpit might persuade Oleg to reconsider the issue and at least I´d like to see them.

The response from Oleg was,

We don't plan such a feature

Thank goodness for that!
    The last thing we need is to have an Invasion of the Cheat modders from CFS 2 into Pacific Fighters!
    Keep them permanently shut out of FBs Source Code.

S!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►