🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Ghost-Recon forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
    Ubi-Brock's Avatar Community Developer

US Midnight Launch and Progression Reset

Hey Everyone,

We are counting down the minutes here at the studio and we're all super excited for you to get your hands on GRFS. While we're waiting I wanted to hop on and give everyone a quick update on the plans for tonight.

As I'm sure most, if not all, of you are aware, the game launches at 12:01am tonight and retailers across North America will be opening their doors for people to pickup their copies and start playing. We'll be visiting some of the GameStop locations near the studio, so come pick up your copy and say hi if you're nearby!

After midnight launch festivities conclude, many of the devs will be out playing public matchmaking on 360. This will be your first chance to earn the High-Value Target achievement (Kill a member of the dev team, or kill someone who has).

The last bit of info is mainly for people who have acquired advanced copies of the game: The servers will be brought down at 9:00pm EDT today (5/21) and the adversarial progression will be reset to give players an equal start. Servers will come back up at 12:01am EDT (5/22) and players will be able to progress through multiplayer and play as normal.

Jordio99's Avatar Member
    I still have to wait 4 more days to get this in the UK...
    But, on the plus side, there will be lots of people with that "High Value Target" achievement by then, so I will get it quite easily... I hope.

FredEx919's Avatar Community Manager
    Thanks for the update! I'll be playing all night. See you on the battlefield!

Glad for the reset for the people that got the game early. Thanks ubi!

iiiNero's Avatar Senior Member
    what about bug fixes? will there be a update which fixes the beta bugs? cause there still bugs in the retail which were obvious in the beta like the echo anouncer bug... really havent seen any differences to the beta except the game runs without framerate or connection problems. beta feedback wasnt considered as far as i saw

xKillalicious-'s Avatar Member
    will it be like a domino effect like i can kill someone who has killed someone who has killed someone who has killed a dev, or only if you directly kill the person who themselves have killed a dev?

i ask this because im on ps3 and as far as i know not alot of devs play ps3 so will be near impossible to get this trophy

HEAT_HTX40's Avatar Banned
    Hmm...only 360 huh?

Guess the PS3 users will have to wait until ................when?

It's cool, we're used to it by now. Dam shame, but whatever it is what it is.

Pass the word on the PS3 users are tired of this treatment by the powers that be who decide these things. I'm sure it'll be filed in the complaint box... (aka shredder).

Originally Posted by xiiiNteNse- Go to original post
    will it be like a domino effect like i can kill someone who has killed someone who has killed someone who has killed a dev, or only if you directly kill the person who themselves have killed a dev?

i ask this because im on ps3 and as far as i know not alot of devs play ps3 so will be near impossible to get this trophy
    It will be a trickle down, so you can kill a player who has killed a player who has killed a player (who's cousin's best friends dog... I keed) killed a dev.

As for PS3, sadly the High-Value Target achievement on PS3 is not viral due to console restrictions beyond our control; the criteria for it are different for PS3 users.

Originally Posted by HEAT_HTX40 Go to original post
    Pass the word on the PS3 users are tired of this treatment by the powers that be who decide these things.
    We'll have devs playing on PS3, but it won't effect the HVT trophy (see my previous post). We (Ubisoft and Red Storm) have treated the consoles as identically as possible.

I do want to make it abundantly clear that this is not a decision by us, but a restriction of the system.

HEAT_HTX40's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by Ubi-Brock Go to original post
    It will be a trickle down, so you can kill a player who has killed a player who has killed a player (who's cousin's best friends dog... I keed) killed a dev.

As for PS3, sadly the High-Value Target achievement on PS3 is not viral due to console restrictions beyond our control; the criteria for it are different for PS3 users.
    Sorry bud, but your information is incorrect. How does MW3 achieve their "trickle down" effect?

I get it you don't want to be open about it and say you have lazy dev's, it's cool man at least you didn't publicly call them out. But we sure will.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►