Originally Posted by Grafferu Go to original post
    I'm expecting the worst regarding the VGA's
    if they show us that the bald guy is the prince oh yes it is the worst

I've just found two awesome SOT and WW documantaries. Guys, check them out
    They are both french but they are worth it
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqx...-of_videogames
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqw...-of_videogames
    Good old Prince, huh?
    Speaking of which, PoPWW was released on GOG recently with the 70+ bonus artworks, DRM-free and just $10

Grafferu's Avatar Senior Member
    It just hit me ! What if we get nothing at the VGA's ?

Gi1t's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by HaSoOoN-MHD Go to original post
    Gi1t, this may be a tad bit offtopic, but you are a Ninja Gaiden fan, right?
    It kinda suffered the same fate as PoP.
    Lost all it's identity.
    Well, it depends what you think the identity was in the first place. The first game was excellent in every way, except for not having much of a story. The second game...it was sort of made for the people who liked the violence and difficulty, but weren't smart enough to handle the more intricate aspects of the game and didn't like having to find their own way around an easily navigible overworld. So it lost what little identity it already had. Without a strong story/character base, all it had was gameplay fundamentals to begin with.

Three tried to make a base for it, and actually succeeded in some respects...as a result, we get to listen to all the whiners who loved the second game and think that Ninja Gaiden's identity is "generic, shallow action game". So yeah, it's not unlike what happened in Sands of TIme where people who liked the first game thought the second game was off-track, and people who liked the second game decided that the first one didn't exist or something and that the third game was the one going off-track.

Going by that formula, I hope we somehow end up with a PoP4 Ninja Gaiden (my dream game, actually ) but that this time, the team continues to build the new identity instead of walking away. PoP has an ID crisis because they weren't firm enough with their new identity to begin with.

But for the record, I think the best game was the first, by far, then three, then two, which is where things got messed up as far as Ninja Gaiden is concerned.

I played ninja gaiden 2 but didn't end it it was too difficult but I heard that ninja gaiden 3 was diffrent is it less difficult is the story more present ?

Originally Posted by prinz_o Go to original post
    I played ninja gaiden 2 but didn't end it it was too difficult but I heard that ninja gaiden 3 was diffrent is it less difficult is the story more present ?
    Since this is the sequel thread, I'll send you a note about that.

HaSoOoN-MHD's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by Gi1t Go to original post
    Well, it depends what you think the identity was in the first place. The first game was excellent in every way, except for not having much of a story. The second game...it was sort of made for the people who liked the violence and difficulty, but weren't smart enough to handle the more intricate aspects of the game and didn't like having to find their own way around an easily navigible overworld. So it lost what little identity it already had. Without a strong story/character base, all it had was gameplay fundamentals to begin with.

Three tried to make a base for it, and actually succeeded in some respects...as a result, we get to listen to all the whiners who loved the second game and think that Ninja Gaiden's identity is "generic, shallow action game". So yeah, it's not unlike what happened in Sands of TIme where people who liked the first game thought the second game was off-track, and people who liked the second game decided that the first one didn't exist or something and that the third game was the one going off-track.

Going by that formula, I hope we somehow end up with a PoP4 Ninja Gaiden (my dream game, actually ) but that this time, the team continues to build the new identity instead of walking away. PoP has an ID crisis because they weren't firm enough with their new identity to begin with.

But for the record, I think the best game was the first, by far, then three, then two, which is where things got messed up as far as Ninja Gaiden is concerned.
    The first game was the best hands down.
    That epic feeling of finishing the game...I felt like sky diving off the rooftop in celebration.
    The third down was really dumbed down and shallow. And it was BLOODY EASY.
    You dont make Ninja Gaiden easy! The identity of the series came from how brutally hard the game is -___-
    Stupid devs.
    Back on topic: Comic Con passed, Gamescom or Con is next, I believe.

The first game was the best hands down.
    That epic feeling of finishing the game...I felt like sky diving off the rooftop in celebration.
    The third down was really dumbed down and shallow. And it was BLOODY EASY.
    You dont make Ninja Gaiden easy! The identity of the series came from how brutally hard the game is -___-
    Stupid devs.
    Back on topic: Comic Con passed, Gamescom or Con is next, I believe.
    (Offtopic) What difficulty did you play it on? -__- I played it on hard mode and that had the kind of challenge I'd expect from Ninja Gaiden most of the time.

I didn't find it shallow either, not as much as the second game, though not as deep as the first. (Did you play two? Because I think most of the drawbacks in three originate from two. XD )

HaSoOoN-MHD's Avatar Banned
    I played it on all difficulties *In hopes that I unlock a secret super hard mode* and it felt much easier than the first, maybe even the second.
    I skipped two, mostly because I heard 1 was much better, so meh. Considering NG barely has any plot, did not bother me much.
    Blah, I am starting to think the pics are fake and our hopes are shattered ;__:

I played it on all difficulties *In hopes that I unlock a secret super hard mode* and it felt much easier than the first, maybe even the second.
    I skipped two, mostly because I heard 1 was much better, so meh. Considering NG barely has any plot, did not bother me much.
    Blah, I am starting to think the pics are fake and our hopes are shattered ;__:

Probably because the enemies didn't really defend much. You see, in two, Itagaki kind of decided that people didn't like pressing buttons and not causing damage because the enemy blocked or something. As a result, there was a lot less strategy to the game. Three made an effort to move back the other way again, but it sitll inherited a lot of the flaws from two. Two was basically cheap difficulty most of the time (too many of the same enemies, no checkpoints, that sort of thing) and three tried pretty hard to make it feasible again, so in the end it wasn't as tough. You can sort of...I wouldn't call it cheating exactly, but you can sort of take advantage of the system with the Ninpo and the UT which both build up off of your kills. There really was no way to cheat the first game. Also, I'm glad you acknowledge that NG doesn't have much story to begin with. I can't stand people who act like NG3 "ruined" the practically nonexistent story. Really, it's the only one that gets credit for trying. XD

On topic, I personally think that if you're shooting for challenge, mere difficulty is not enough. A lot of people think accessible games are, by definition, easy, but I disagree with that. Accessibility in my book is all about keeping the player moving through the game and allowing them a chance to experience everything the game has to offer. It has nothing to do with how challenging it is. Making you fight through a whole level just to get one fight with a boss doesn't make that boss any harder.