Gi1t's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by POP1Fan Go to original post
    If they reboot the series they should at least give some kind of ending to 08...a comic or something.
    The fact that Forgotten Sands sold bad is because the game is bad itself (for a POP). This should give Ubisoft the ideea not that Prince of Persia doesn't sell and is not praised but that they don't do things right.The very first POP is still legendary for it's inovation and also that's why Shadow and the Flame despite being a better game it is not as known. Sands of Time also inovated and brought the gaming to a new level, and again despite being a little worse than Warrior Within it set a sandard and an atmosphere that was changed to much in the sequel. This is also the reason 08 failed in sales., it was TO different. It is one of the best games I have ever played, and the critics that understood what the game was trying to do praised it.
    The thing is, if they get another Forgotten Sands to us, I would much rather they don't come out with a POP, but they must understand that it's not the series that is bad, but they themselves.
    Bravo.

This is what's really holding games back as far as I can see. They come up with one great idea/innovation and they stretch it out, cut and press it and they expect it to sell as well as a complete, well-thought-out game. Then when people don't react well, they assume the idea itself was flawed and trash everything, bad AND good, while other games get loaded down with content with very few changes to the core gameplay, and before long, you have a game that has loads to do, but has very little similarity with the original design and it just feels clunky and poorly thought-out. It's only fun on the surface. -__-

And fans are really driving the problem as well, by invariably trying to "judge" everything they play, all they provide are positive or negative votes, no insight whatsoever. They rave over content-heavy games whether they work well or not, and they scream vehemently at any game that dares attempt a revival of core quality BECAUSE there's so often very little content with it, and again, the company looks at that and asumes its the idea and not their own fault for failing to live up to it.

(The only games that can thrive under these conditions are shooters because their core design has a lot of universal qualities that don't really need fixing to work with new material.)

I think improvement; the real winners in the end, will be the designers who take good ideas and great stories and then COMBINE them with a lot of content. Look at the games that are really legendary. A lot of them have the very rare quality of BALANCE. They're strong on multiple fronts and it's tough to come up with any real major flaws in them. This divergence of core gameplay and content is like the new divergence of core gamers and casuals. They need to put them together properly and show casual gamers what quality is by pairing it with the content they love.

Stop thinking of this as an industry of instant success. That's what bothers me the most about the 08 story not being continued, because it is a perfect illustration (along with their work on AC sadly) of this principle/idea.

Anyway, this whole experience of thinking about a new PoP has proven to me that when something actually does surface, I'll probably be into it, so relax.

Zap, You are giving us false hopes.... until now nothing was shown and it would be foulish if they would release the news out of the ubisoft conference

kaileena750's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by blueobelix Go to original post
    Zap, You are giving us false hopes.... until now nothing was shown and it would be foulish if they would release the news out of the ubisoft conference
    Oh my god... You´re the ubi forum version of one of my forum members ... O.O

POP1Fan's Avatar Senior Member
    @Gi1t
    I can only image if POP 2008 would have had checkpoints(instead of Elika saving you) and would be less repetitive (it's only major flaw). But people found it easy and childish instead of looking at what it was actually trying to do. Bring new ideas and stand out, and it did just that. More puzzles and a little variety in the missions and it would have set that standard POP games usually do. It has great characters, great and fresh story, beautiful graphics, great gameplay that builds on the old one...but if it looks pretty it's bad. I for one enjoy the darker stuff, but I can like/love light-hearted things too.
    All in all, let's just hope that if the screens are from a new Prince Of Persia, the game will be epic and deserve the title.

POP1Fan's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by joelio13 Go to original post
    Let's hope we can get something out of this... Another leak maybe? http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/06/...-demoed-at-e3/
    I think the fact that a lot of people talk about it, and the rumors spread show that it is very hard for it not to be a POP.

''So it seems to be a full-blown announcement is still to take place.''

Does this mean there is going to be an announcement ??

They should at least announce that it exists... They don't have to show gameplay or anything, just give us some confirmation.

Originally Posted by VibesM Go to original post
    @Zapages

So Zap, that russian site, it kinda confirmed that the guy we were talking about on FB was a journo, doesn't it?
    Probably...

Originally Posted by blueobelix Go to original post
    Pardon me, I never said that the game will be shown to the public. They are rumors that something was shown behind the doors. I gave my reasoning as to why this occurred - ie. to build hype about the game. Also I said there will be a PoP reboot in the works. All those in line in what I have been sharing... Don't you guys remember BG&E2's first announcement?

Originally Posted by POP1Fan Go to original post
    If they reboot the series they should at least give some kind of ending to 08...a comic or something.
    The fact that Forgotten Sands sold bad is because the game is bad itself (for a POP). This should give Ubisoft the ideea not that Prince of Persia doesn't sell and is not praised but that they don't do things right.The very first POP is still legendary for it's inovation and also that's why Shadow and the Flame despite being a better game it is not as known. Sands of Time also inovated and brought the gaming to a new level, and again despite being a little worse than Warrior Within it set a sandard and an atmosphere that was changed to much in the sequel. This is also the reason 08 failed in sales., it was TO different. It is one of the best games I have ever played, and the critics that understood what the game was trying to do praised it.
    The thing is, if they get another Forgotten Sands to us, I would much rather they don't come out with a POP, but they must understand that it's not the series that is bad, but they themselves.
    They were working on the POP 2008 sequel but things did not work and they scrapped it. You can tell parts of PoP 2008 sequel in PoP TFS for the Wii. I have said all this in the past.

Originally Posted by VibesM Go to original post
    Well Zap, I agree with you points there but I am not sure they needed to wait 4 years after POP 08 to build hype around a new game.

I mean that game was a perfect launchpad to take the series to next level, to you know being as good sales wise as those games you mentioned but what do they do? They chose to cash in on the hype around the movie and delivered a half baked cheapass game which was doesn't deserved to be called as a POP game.

See I'm of the opinion that whatever it is a reboot or a sequel to 08 one, it should be good. But like Gilt has said many times, you can't deny the fact that they abandoned 08 when it could have proved to be the next big thing. Especially considering what they did with AC II in two years time.

I'm very very disappointed with UBI at the moment, but still I'll wait for a proper POP game, as long as it takes
    The difference between AC and PoP was that AC1 sold a lot more than PoP..The TFS was a result of not just the movie... It had no tie ins with the movie at all except for it was launched around the time of the movie. Regardless of that fact. the game had good platforming especially the latter levels. While parts of POP 2008 sequel were used for POP TFS Wii.

Originally Posted by PERSIAFTW Go to original post
    ''So it seems to be a full-blown announcement is still to take place.''

Does this mean there is going to be an announcement ??
    What i means is that Ubi will properly announce the game and it will be with a lot of media content.

This is what I mean guys, the hype for the game is starting now... Things take time for the folks who wait...

It all says RUMOR the news sites just saw three pictures and read a speculation and made a news story about it. That's how it goes. It means nothing, it's like the story about the hippo that ate the circus midget. No official source confirming it means no game.