🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Far Cry forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

Farcry3 anti-cheat Sofware ??

1.Just a quick question about farcry3 multiplayer, what anticheat software will farcry3 use? Farcry2 used punkbuster but has since been discontinued.

2. Will there be a dedicated server launcher built in with the game, or will it be available from a server company?

I would like to be Punkbuster i wonder if PBBans will offer streaming to the servers, i will check in and reply back.

I really hope something is done about the cheating online. If games company really see that multiplayer is the way forward in gaming then they really need to protect their investment. The amount of cheating that I've encountered online was part of the reason I stopped playing FC2 in rank (and that unbalanced map Renavista). Game coders should have some kind of fail safe when additional unauthorised code has been added to help cheaters to the impossible when play games and having an unfair advantage. Which then proceeds to ruin the online experience for those who have paid their hard earn money to enjoy a fair balanced game to then have someone absorb all your bullets and then kill you or to have some ungodly super-aim 100% headshot ability from across the map with a shotgun. If game coders program the weapons to have a minium to maximum fire rate on their weapons are there no security measures that can be applied when weapons are fired beyond their programed ability. Or if someones connection keeps taping in and out (lag switching) that there are measures to check this via the servers or UBIsoft doing random game checks. Something really needs to be done to protect those who just want to play and enjoy Far Cry series as it was intended to be.

Tigra2009's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by MrKidKarmaL7 Go to original post
    I really hope something is done about the cheating online. If games company really see that multiplayer is the way forward in gaming then they really need to protect their investment. The amount of cheating that I've encountered online was part of the reason I stopped playing FC2 in rank (and that unbalanced map Renavista). Game coders should have some kind of fail safe when additional unauthorised code has been added to help cheaters to the impossible when play games and having an unfair advantage. Which then proceeds to ruin the online experience for those who have paid their hard earn money to enjoy a fair balanced game to then have someone absorb all your bullets and then kill you or to have some ungodly super-aim 100% headshot ability from across the map with a shotgun. If game coders program the weapons to have a minium to maximum fire rate on their weapons are there no security measures that can be applied when weapons are fired beyond their programed ability. Or if someones connection keeps taping in and out (lag switching) that there are measures to check this via the servers or UBIsoft doing random game checks. Something really needs to be done to protect those who just want to play and enjoy Far Cry series as it was intended to be.
    +1
    I believe they protect us from cheaters.

Otherwise, I personally gnaw the dishonest players...

lil_morta_7's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Tigra2009 Go to original post

I believe they protect us from cheaters.

Otherwise, I personally gnaw the dishonest players...

OH SNAP! Better not get caught cheating by Tigra... or else you might end up like the deer... O_O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...olwLFaKk#t=34s

Tigra2009's Avatar Member
    Yep... that's my work

but joking apart, fraud - is a sign of weakness.
    These players should be punished by ban.
    Play fair and people will be pulled for you

ouch !!!!!!!!!!! , that made me hold my neck for like 3 minutes