A Few Suggestions

1. Money. I've read a lot of suggestions regarding the prices, and I agree. Things are way too expensive for the limited amount of money you can make back. 300 for one bit of path, and the quest requires you to buy 10 of them? That's 3000 JUST for some decorative path. Add to that 6000 to build a bakery, 7500 to buy a Standardbred when that quest comes up, 6000 for the 4 compost bins for that quest, 6000 just to open up another stall... When competitions and the compost bins only return 100 at a time (and require players to be available every half hour to actually collect it), it's nearly impossible to make that kind of cash.

2. In conjunction with the money, maybe it's best to limit the number of quests that spawn to brand new players. I only started yesterday, and, not knowing how much everything was going to cost, and how hard it was to get more money, tried to do everything I was asked to do all at once. Now I'm stuck with two horses who require baked goods and almost no money with which to buy the bakery. If there had only been one or two quests at a time, with reasonable prices, I might still be able to enjoy the game instead of now sitting and waiting for the compost bins to refill so that maybe in the next week or so I'll have enough cash to finally build the bakery.

3. When horses are at "Super Happy", it would be awesome not to have to go through the whole cycle again just to be able to train/event/breed them. It gets kind of annoying and repetitive to constantly have to feed, water, let them sleep, pick hooves, groom, and feed a treat before I can do ANYTHING with them. If the mood is full, why can't they do more than one action at a time? Maybe not go to a show twice in the same "cycle" but certainly both train and breed, or do a petting zoo trip and show.

4. Clicking a point on the ground makes the horse walk there. Mine are constantly getting stuck behind one another and unless I want to go through the entire cycle of actions (or risk the mood not being high enough when I finally get back to that horse and finish the cycle to go show), I can't make one move so I can get to the other one.

5. Being able to place multiples of the same item without having to go back to the shop for every single one. Those 10 bits of path? Really annoying to have to place one, then go back to the shop, back to the "decorations tab", click "buy", place it, and wash/rinse/repeat 9 more times.

6. Be able to buy treats in the shop. If I'm in a pinch and need a cookie, or an apple, or something it would be awesome to pop into the shop and buy one. Maybe price them double what it costs to make them in the bakery, or to grow them, but it would be really great, especially for players like me who are kind of stuck not being able to do the Treat step because we spent all our cash and can't build a bakery yet.

7. Retirement. Home-bred horses at low levels only get 8 "cycles", 5 of which are taken up by being foals, two of which are taken up by "mastering" a discipline. That leaves only one "cycle" in which to go to a show before the horse retires. Even if the age was bumped up to like, 10, it would be a little easier. I do like that "Retired" horses can still go to the petting zoo to make money and can still breed. That's awesome, please don't change that. It would just be nice if they had even a couple more "cycles" in which to be useful as competitors.

8. Energy at friends' ranches. Is it a bug that it doesn't regenerate? I visited all of my friends' farms yesterday when I started, and despite getting the "Hooray you've been playing a whole 24 hours!" gift, I don't have any more free energy to use helping them. There's also no option to use my own energy, so visiting friends is kind of pointless now.

9. Being able to do an action, even if it's not that part on the "cycle". Like say I just want to pet my horse, or give it a treat, without having to go through all the other parts, it would be neat to have a way to do it. Or even changing up the "cycle" and randomizing what the horse wants before it's "ready for action". Maybe this time it doesn't need a drink, but wants petted, groomed, and fed. Maybe when it's mood is bad, it wants extra treats and extra petting. I don't know. It just seems like it's going to get boring fast if it's the same repetitive cycle *every* time I want to send the horse to a show, or breed it, or whatever. I don't exactly know how the aging process would work then, since it's one year per "cycle" but maybe there could be some changes to it to make it less monotonous?

10. Stable buildings should come with all stalls available, or far less expensive, once it's built. Either increase the cost of the full building and have it ready to go once it's placed and built, or reduce the cost of each stall once it's done. Way to costly to have to pay that much for a building, and then pay that much AGAIN four times over to open up each individual stall. It costs more to add a stall to an already-built building than it does to buy a new horse to put in said stall. (Also, probably a bug, but retired horses don't show up in the regular stable- the stall shows up as empty, but you still can't breed a new foal to take up the empty space.)

All that being said, I'm enjoying this game, and I hope once some of the bugs get worked out, it'll be even better.

Thank you so much for a thoughtful post. We will be sure to pass your thoughts to the team.

Just some follow-up where money is concerned, because I kind of see this becoming a problem.

Yes, the compost bins are great, and if you can afford more than one (difficult at beginner level for the reasons stated above), you can probably keep your funds increasing. But increasing payouts from actions, particularly shows, would also be awesome, and very helpful for new players/low level players who may not be able to afford enough compost bins to break even.

Right now, going through one "cycle" with my horse takes me about a minute. In that time, if I want my horse to have the best chance at winning in a show, I have to give them treats. Let's go with the horse I'm currently attempting to train up in Saddle Seat. The treats required are: 2xCarrot, 1xApple, 1xApple Cookie. One carrot costs 15 to grow, times two is 30. Apples cost 15 too. Up to 45. The apple cookie (which takes 4 hours to produce) costs 150. That's 195 Horse Bucks (and a wait time of 4 hours) every "cycle". They payout for first place in a Saddle Seat show is 100. I lose 95 Horse Bucks every time I go show, assuming I win. That's not much incentive to go through the hassle when I'm losing money each time, and have to wait so long just to make sure I have a horse whose mood is good enough to actually win. And the higher level the horse is, the more expensive the treats...unless the payout also increases, there's also no incentive to train a horse to the higher levels, because it'll only lose me more money per show. Even if it's something like 500 for a first place, at least it would be profit instead of losing money for players who are new and aren't making a whole lot otherwise.

Even if they have a compost box, it's only 100 bucks per 15 minutes. In 15 minutes, assuming I have a stash of cookies already made, and have the energy to do it, I could blow through 8-10 "cycles". For every 100 bucks I make with the compost box, I'd lose around 900 in treat costs- IF I win every competition I enter. I think I'm doing my math right...and that's a pretty hefty loss.

Another thing I noticed, with the carrot patches and apple trees. Planting one carrot at a time is less expensive, and takes less time than using the feature to plant multiples at one time. 15 bucks, 3 minutes for one. To plant one carrot, twice, would be 30 bucks, 6 minutes. To plant two carrots, it's 45 bucks, and 15 minutes. Three carrots, it's 90 bucks and half an hour (planting one carrot, three times in a row would only be 45 bucks and take 9 minutes). Faster and cheaper to plant one at a time, by a significant amount. Just thought I'd point that out.

Again, thank you. This has been passed on to the dev team.

I agree with most of the things that were written above and even though I enjoy the game a lot there are a few things that really make it frustrating.
    1. We need friends help with everything.... I cant even build a building without sending out many requests for help! And the fact that one friend can only accept one job in my ranch makes it even harder. I dont want to annoy my friends with constant posts about HH. It would be certainly better if we could buy resources and farm hands. It can be more pricy, I have no problem with that but this game is certainly not play-able for people who dont want to add 100 new friends :/ . There are games on facebook that dont require friends to help with EVERYTHING.
    2. Carrot fields, apple trees, bakeries, guesthouses and so on have trouble with timers. The numbers jump from 10 minutes to 55 or to 3 hours and so on...
    3. Also it would be certainly better if everything in the game "refreshed" at the same time (0 am or whatever), not 24 hours from last action. If I had time one day in the afternoon and helped friend then the next day I may only play in the morning and with this 24 hours long interval its more difficult.
    4. No gray, white or differently colored horses? Why?

Point 1. is my main problem with the game. I like it a lot otherwise as the other things just make the game a bit different and are probably already on the list of things that are worked on

Completely agreed!!!

Thank you to the person who made this post, as it is everything me and other friends I know who play this game are having trouble with!!!! for me, its especially number 7...how are we meant to send the horse to train to be level 1 in saddle seat then send them to a competition in only like 2 cycles?! And I have to keep spending wayy too long saving up tonnes of money so that I can complete like 1 request and it just wastes time. If things could be cheaper, and it would be easier to make money that would make the game alot easier and more fun too. And if the adult horse could have some more cycles so they can train and go to shows that would be even better!!! Even still, I enjoy the game and with a few changes I think it would be more popular!

Well, I might as well throw my 2 cents here as well. I will try to explain things so that they are easy to understand, but I have a few issues, so bear with me!

1. Money! There is never enough of it. Especially when you are just starting out. Everything is so so expensive. As a new player, you want to be able to do everything. However, you cannot. The biggest reason for this, I think, is because there is not a big return on the things we are allowed to do versus the things we have to do(goals). If maybe there were fewer goals at a time, or maybe (and I think this would be a better option) bigger returns for actions. Only making 40hb from the petting zoo is a bit ridiculous considering the cost of getting a horse happy enough to actually go into the petting zoo! The prize (payout) needs to offset the cost of at least the treats we are forced to feed!

2. Energy! Again, not enough of it, especially when the first thing I have to do everyday is pull weeds and chop trees just so my horses can move around the farm! I am a fairly active player, but it really chaps my hide to not be able to get right to work. I don't think I would mind this chore so much if I was getting something out of it. Like maybe getting planks for chopping down trees?! Also, if I have paid for something, I shouldn't have to waste energy collecting it. What I mean by that is the carrots, apples and treats. I have already paid 900hb to plant the carrot in the field, I shouldn't have to spend energy to harvest them as well. That is paying for something twice! Not cool.

3. Supplies! I absolutely HATE that I have to post a billion and one messages on my wall just to get the supplies I need to build a simple horse stall! Again, we are back to the paying for things more than once! I have had to wait and save money to buy the building from the shop. Then I have to spend energy to build it. And THEN, I have to ask my friends for supplies and hire a hand for the building to operate!! Too much work for too little of a return. AGAIN.

4.Age Points. This really threw me for a loop at first. I started out with the same horse everybody else does. No problem there. The horse retires at 24 (I think). Long enough to get the hang of things. I was so excited, this is a breeding game after all! So I went through all the work to raise my horse and then I bred it in the station. Yay! My new foal will be born in 4 hours. Got my new baby and settled in to work on it; only, it retired at the age of 8! WTF? The parent horse got to 24, shouldn't the baby as well? So, I went to the forums and thankfully somebody had explained what was going on. Good thing, cause the game doesn't tell you! So I figured out what was going on and very quickly got rid of the useless horse. I am now at level 25 and a level 7 Saddlebred breeder. I finally have horses that have 33 age points. Yay! However, this being a breeding game, there are still issues. If I am breeding two horses that have 4 badges each, then I should be able to use 8 badges on the resulting foal! After all, I have gone through a lot of work to get those two horses to that point. And while I do understand the percentage game, if I put 80% on 4 traits, then I should get those traits. Don't you think? And if a modification is 'set', then it should be a definite given that the foal is going to have that trait! And yet, I have gotten ugly brown foals with none of the traits I used badges to raise the percentage on. Hrm, Disappointing!

5.Treats? I am not sure what to think of this. It's cute, it can be a huge pain in the ****! We have to pay for the carrot fields and apple orchards. Then we have to pay to plant the apples and carrots. Then we have to wait for them to grow and THEN we have to spend energy to harvest the apples and carrots. That is a lot of work!! And then, when our horses get to age 15, we suddenly need apple cookies? They are not available to buy, you can only get them from your friends if they are high enough level to send them, and you are not told in game where to get them! So you again, save your money and hope that the bakery is where you get them. And then once you do go through the trouble of buying, building, and pestering your friends to get the bakery, you have to pay and wait. and you can only make one cookie at a time! That is a lot of waiting. Unless of course, you simply skip giving your horse a treat. But then all the hard work you've done up to that point is wasted cause the horse is no longer happy enough to do anything well! WTH? If I don't give my horse all of the treats it wants, it becomes useless? That's hardly fair! If there was an option to give part of the treat and keep the horse happy, that would be acceptable. Give all of the treats for super happy, give part of the treats for happy, and give no treats for not happy. Seems easy, but it's not an option. Maybe something for the dev's to think about...

6. Market! We need a place to sell unwanted horses. That or give us the option to send any age horse over the rainbow. I am trying to breed for a specific combination of colors/traits. It is rather irritating to be stuck aging a horse that I am ultimately not going to use. So let me sell it or send it over the rainbow.

7. Helping Friends. I love helping my friends and seeing how things are set up on their farms and what kinds of horses they are breeding. However, it would be nice to be able to get items other than IOUs. Since it would seem that the issue of actually getting IOUs from helping friends has been fixed.

8. Horse Saga...What can I say. I don't know why you would want to get rid of such a great game. I have played since the beginning. It's a nice laid-back, not time restrained, not bugging your friends kinda game. Horse Haven is a completely different game. They are not even close to the same. Of course, I haven't played HS in a while, but that is cause I got bored with it. I'm level 100 and have raised 4 breeds up to proficiency 200. There really isn't that much left to do in the game. Between me and all my friends, I have seen most color combinations. Horse Haven is nowhere near the same level of breeding tactics as Horse Saga. They cannot compare, so why are you forcing everyone into the new game? That just isn't good business sense to me.

I think I am done rambling for the time being. I do hope that I haven't ticked anyone off. And maybe there are some good ideas in here...take care and have fun!

Again, thanks everyone! We do pass all of your thoughts on to the team!

Originally Posted by chancelor22 Go to original post
    Well, I might as well throw my 2 cents here as well. I will try to explain things so that they are easy to understand, but I have a few issues, so bear with me!

1. Money! There is never enough of it. Especially when you are just starting out. Everything is so so expensive. As a new player, you want to be able to do everything. However, you cannot. The biggest reason for this, I think, is because there is not a big return on the things we are allowed to do versus the things we have to do(goals). If maybe there were fewer goals at a time, or maybe (and I think this would be a better option) bigger returns for actions. Only making 40hb from the petting zoo is a bit ridiculous considering the cost of getting a horse happy enough to actually go into the petting zoo! The prize (payout) needs to offset the cost of at least the treats we are forced to feed!

2. Energy! Again, not enough of it, especially when the first thing I have to do everyday is pull weeds and chop trees just so my horses can move around the farm! I am a fairly active player, but it really chaps my hide to not be able to get right to work. I don't think I would mind this chore so much if I was getting something out of it. Like maybe getting planks for chopping down trees?! Also, if I have paid for something, I shouldn't have to waste energy collecting it. What I mean by that is the carrots, apples and treats. I have already paid 900hb to plant the carrot in the field, I shouldn't have to spend energy to harvest them as well. That is paying for something twice! Not cool.

3. Supplies! I absolutely HATE that I have to post a billion and one messages on my wall just to get the supplies I need to build a simple horse stall! Again, we are back to the paying for things more than once! I have had to wait and save money to buy the building from the shop. Then I have to spend energy to build it. And THEN, I have to ask my friends for supplies and hire a hand for the building to operate!! Too much work for too little of a return. AGAIN.

4.Age Points. This really threw me for a loop at first. I started out with the same horse everybody else does. No problem there. The horse retires at 24 (I think). Long enough to get the hang of things. I was so excited, this is a breeding game after all! So I went through all the work to raise my horse and then I bred it in the station. Yay! My new foal will be born in 4 hours. Got my new baby and settled in to work on it; only, it retired at the age of 8! WTF? The parent horse got to 24, shouldn't the baby as well? So, I went to the forums and thankfully somebody had explained what was going on. Good thing, cause the game doesn't tell you! So I figured out what was going on and very quickly got rid of the useless horse. I am now at level 25 and a level 7 Saddlebred breeder. I finally have horses that have 33 age points. Yay! However, this being a breeding game, there are still issues. If I am breeding two horses that have 4 badges each, then I should be able to use 8 badges on the resulting foal! After all, I have gone through a lot of work to get those two horses to that point. And while I do understand the percentage game, if I put 80% on 4 traits, then I should get those traits. Don't you think? And if a modification is 'set', then it should be a definite given that the foal is going to have that trait! And yet, I have gotten ugly brown foals with none of the traits I used badges to raise the percentage on. Hrm, Disappointing!

5.Treats? I am not sure what to think of this. It's cute, it can be a huge pain in the ****! We have to pay for the carrot fields and apple orchards. Then we have to pay to plant the apples and carrots. Then we have to wait for them to grow and THEN we have to spend energy to harvest the apples and carrots. That is a lot of work!! And then, when our horses get to age 15, we suddenly need apple cookies? They are not available to buy, you can only get them from your friends if they are high enough level to send them, and you are not told in game where to get them! So you again, save your money and hope that the bakery is where you get them. And then once you do go through the trouble of buying, building, and pestering your friends to get the bakery, you have to pay and wait. and you can only make one cookie at a time! That is a lot of waiting. Unless of course, you simply skip giving your horse a treat. But then all the hard work you've done up to that point is wasted cause the horse is no longer happy enough to do anything well! WTH? If I don't give my horse all of the treats it wants, it becomes useless? That's hardly fair! If there was an option to give part of the treat and keep the horse happy, that would be acceptable. Give all of the treats for super happy, give part of the treats for happy, and give no treats for not happy. Seems easy, but it's not an option. Maybe something for the dev's to think about...

6. Market! We need a place to sell unwanted horses. That or give us the option to send any age horse over the rainbow. I am trying to breed for a specific combination of colors/traits. It is rather irritating to be stuck aging a horse that I am ultimately not going to use. So let me sell it or send it over the rainbow.

7. Helping Friends. I love helping my friends and seeing how things are set up on their farms and what kinds of horses they are breeding. However, it would be nice to be able to get items other than IOUs. Since it would seem that the issue of actually getting IOUs from helping friends has been fixed.

8. Horse Saga...What can I say. I don't know why you would want to get rid of such a great game. I have played since the beginning. It's a nice laid-back, not time restrained, not bugging your friends kinda game. Horse Haven is a completely different game. They are not even close to the same. Of course, I haven't played HS in a while, but that is cause I got bored with it. I'm level 100 and have raised 4 breeds up to proficiency 200. There really isn't that much left to do in the game. Between me and all my friends, I have seen most color combinations. Horse Haven is nowhere near the same level of breeding tactics as Horse Saga. They cannot compare, so why are you forcing everyone into the new game? That just isn't good business sense to me.

I think I am done rambling for the time being. I do hope that I haven't ticked anyone off. And maybe there are some good ideas in here...take care and have fun!
    I agree with everything you said, and then some, especially NO.8

Just going to post a few others that I got, here, as some of mine are pretty much the same as the ones already mentioned in this thread.

- When visiting a friend's ranch, clicking on the image of your own accoun at the bottom, will bring you back to your farm.
    - Beeing able to buy treats/planks/deeds. Got 165k horse bucks, and I don't really need that much, as I can't buy more stuff before I gain more deeds and being able to increase the size of my farm. And I can't buy stuff for my friend, which would have been nice by the way. Then I guess it would be easier to make friends start playing, as you could help them buy the things they need and can't afford.
    - An 'undo action' button. Specially when its easy to miss click on a bakery/carrot field/apple tree/orchard/Stable hand hut and collect something, instead of trying to remove the weed/tree that is behind.
    - A list of the goods that you will gain, when you complete a mission or gain a level.
    - A quick re-buy button
    - Horses can eat/drink from a 'Drinking Trough' or 'Haystack' from all 4 sides, not just bottom left and bottom right.