Cuz im not, and i fly exclusively 190. The A9 is a big disappointment to me: slow acceleration, poor climb, and the handling is really bad compared to the Doras and the A8. Actually I'm surprised that only few people post about this plane.

I have a nice setup for testing acceleration, maybe Robban/Kwiatos could give it a go, cuz i dont have time.

Make a crimea mission (12oclock, summer, blah blah blah), place the plane on one of the concrete runways, hit the brake and let the engine rev to max, release brakes and accelerate. Then u watch the track and compare the location at which plane reaches, say 200kph.
    I compared the A5 acceleration in man and auto pitch with this setting, finding that it's absolutely equal btw. 0-200kph. No time to test above.

Can we also have some technical data comparing the A9 with A8 and D9 models? Main points are powerloading and wingloading. The 190A9 just feels like a bomb-laden a8, thats pathetic.

Has anyone noticed the handling difference between A8 and A9? Check it out, the A8 is considerably more nimble, you feel it immediately.

Has anyone checked overheating times in latest patch? I flew it in low level online combat on full wep, 110%power, open rad without ever overheating.

I tell you honestly i think the A9 is badly porked, and I think its about time to have this changed.

~Salut~

Cuz im not, and i fly exclusively 190. The A9 is a big disappointment to me: slow acceleration, poor climb, and the handling is really bad compared to the Doras and the A8. Actually I'm surprised that only few people post about this plane.

I have a nice setup for testing acceleration, maybe Robban/Kwiatos could give it a go, cuz i dont have time.

Make a crimea mission (12oclock, summer, blah blah blah), place the plane on one of the concrete runways, hit the brake and let the engine rev to max, release brakes and accelerate. Then u watch the track and compare the location at which plane reaches, say 200kph.
    I compared the A5 acceleration in man and auto pitch with this setting, finding that it's absolutely equal btw. 0-200kph. No time to test above.

Can we also have some technical data comparing the A9 with A8 and D9 models? Main points are powerloading and wingloading. The 190A9 just feels like a bomb-laden a8, thats pathetic.

Has anyone noticed the handling difference between A8 and A9? Check it out, the A8 is considerably more nimble, you feel it immediately.

Has anyone checked overheating times in latest patch? I flew it in low level online combat on full wep, 110%power, open rad without ever overheating.

I tell you honestly i think the A9 is badly porked, and I think its about time to have this changed.

~Salut~

Oleg stated at the start of IL2 Stumovik release way back then that his favourite planes are the FW190's.

I would like to see him make alot of the other planes his "favourite" too.

Axis really have only 2 fighter planes the Fw 190 and Bf 109. the Fw190 is not usually the preffered choice of fighter jocks on axis side due to muzzle flash and restricted views leaving just the Bf109 as the main choice of fighter, so it makes for limited chioce of fighter selection and with the performances never being realised it kinda makes you wonder if the axis will ever get a competent and complete set of fighters for IL2.

I have over 500 hand made missions since IL2 Sturmovik and the Fw 190 has had to be attended to in every patch regarding adjusting waypoints to allow them to "catch up" with the rest of the mission, that in its self speaks volumes for me as to its demise since the begining not to mention the handing in the air and on the ground.

IMHO

http://www.freewebs.com/kg26/

jurinko's Avatar Senior Member
    I think Fw 190s sux. I fly them very often and can get many kills, but only by hit and run tactics from high altitude attacks against unaware enemies. It should be superb dogfighter, but it is a piece of iron instead which is lost as soon as it doesnâ´t have 2km advantage. Yes and the forward view does sux also.

---------------------
    Letka_13/Liptow @ HL

*getting popcorn*

*taking a nice seat and sunglasses*

*preparing for a flamewar*

btw:
    jest A9 sux, jes A8 sux too, A5 and A6 rule the skins in there Times. (maybe not against a spit IX, but it depends)

Hi,

Not sure about the 190 being a 'dogfighter' but I agree that it seems to fall far short of it's supposed reputation.

I actually thought the A9 climbed a little better than before and it's fast enough to get you out of trouble a lot of the time. Snap stalls and loss of E are as bad as they have ever been.

Maybe it's a dog because of that fricken bomb rack that is permanently attached?

One thing is for sure - when you get kills in a 190A8/A9, you certainly have had to work for it.

Cheers,
    Norris

================================================== ==========

: Chris Morris - Blue Jam :
    http://cabinessence.cream.org/

: More irreverence :
    http://www.tvgohome.com/

: You've seen them... :
    www.chavscum.co.uk

'Bugs? What bugs?'
    'AAA steals online kills, crash landing if good landing but out of fuel, muzzle flashes, kill given for planes that have landed OK, AI steals offline kills, gauges not working, Spitfire never overheats, FW190 view, P63 damage model, weird collision modelling...'
    'Yeah, but look on the bright side - at least the 0.50s are fixed!'
    Moral: $$$ + whining = anything is possible

in a 1:1 situation against MOST planes of it's time it's simply dead.

Once an enemy comes to your six -> RUN !

Rollrate is high but compared to other planes nothing of real advantage

Muzzle flashes block a lot
    the Bar does the rest.

I must say that I prefer the A9 over the A8 at any time. Of course it's more snappy but it feels faster and better accelrating.

But if we have to sum it up I quote Jurinko.

Hit and run. Nothing else.
    I could quote various engagements where I had to run from a 1943 Spitfire which caught me in dives etc. Being outturned by p47s at 380 - 420 kph etc.

I wouldn't reduce it to the a9 however. I think the whole family of FWs is somewhat underperforming... (*diplomatic_mode enabled).

Each time I pick a Stang, SPit or even a BF109 I am amazed how virtually careless you can enjoy some dogfights and how SIMPLE it is to see whether you will win or not....

But I like the challenge...

A5 and A6 feel good. I second the quotes of Blacksheep. The A4 is one slow brick which is easy to overheat.

But hey we are all luftwhiners anyway right ?
    *stealing the Popcorn from Blacksheep

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>But hey we are all luftwhiners anyway right ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yah. We all practice devil worship to make our evil axis planes so much more uber.

Cheers,
    Norris

www.chavscum.co.uk

'Bugs? What bugs?'
    'AAA steals online kills, crash landing if good landing but out of fuel, muzzle flashes, kill given for planes that have landed OK, AI steals offline kills, gauges not working, Spitfire never overheats, FW190 view, P63 damage model, weird collision modelling...'
    Moral: $$$ + whining = anything is possible

Maybe if people would fly alos earlier set-ups and missions than '44, it would show more...

As said before, in '42-43 is a nice killer. And the axis has a few nice complements on '41/42 like the IAR series, the Fiats, and the soon to come (i hope) P-36. Also, 109s are quite good up to 43... But the LW was not a winner in 44 or 45. Why can't people see this?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NorrisMcWhirter:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>But hey we are all luftwhiners anyway right ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yah. We all practice devil worship to make our evil axis planes so much more uber.

Cheers,
    Norris

http://www.chavscum.co.uk

'Bugs? What bugs?'
    Moral: $$$ + whining = anything is possible<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes Brother Norris and dont forget your Black coat because this saturday we will play on some EVIL Luft Plane AGAINS THIS ALLIED NOOOOOOOBS

Oh btw Oleg plz fix 190 is should climb better, right now all russian is better than Luft in all years of war in game, the Bf109 F2 ammo is a joke!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►