Wasn't ACR available on PSN on the release date? Would AC3 do the same?

I think so; so it's an option for me if I can't get a special edition of AC3. Besides, wouldn't being on the hard drive improve load times?

OriginalMiles's Avatar Senior Member
    Why would you buy it on PSN if you can't get the special edition of AC3, why not get the normal game?
    EDIT: Hard drive doesn't really improve load times, my AC1 is on my hard drive, still as slow as an overused simile.

SlowBlo's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by who-can-i-be Go to original post
    I think so; so it's an option for me if I can't get a special edition of AC3. Besides, wouldn't being on the hard drive improve load times?
    It doesn't necessarily improve load times. For some games this works, like Oblivion and Fallout, but for others...not so much. At least nothing you would really notice.

Ubisoft hasn't released anything yet if they are going to release it 'on demand' on PSN the same day, but I honestly don't see why they wouldn't so it could be an option for you. What sucks is not getting the special SP and MP maps that come wit the special edition.

freddie_1897's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by OriginalMiles Go to original post
    Why would you buy it on PSN if you can't get the special edition of AC3, why not get the normal game?
    EDIT: Hard drive doesn't really improve load times, my AC1 is on my hard drive, still as slow as an overused simile.
    i see what you did there

Thanks guys, but you still didn't answer the question

OriginalMiles's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by who-can-i-be Go to original post
    Thanks guys, but you still didn't answer the question
    I seriously think that it might be, just have to wait.

ACR should possibly be hitting PSN sometime in early May I believe. According to a blog on May previews of PS+, ACR was going to be added as a game trial on there. Most of the time if a game trial is added on PS+, then it is likely you can buy the retail game, so keep an eye out on the playstation blog/store in early May.

As for AC3 yeah most likely it'll appear like 6 months later or something

I checked and I was right, but ACR was available for £50, as opposed to the £40 in stores.