Hello Oleg and everyone,

Sorry to start another complaining topic about FMs.
    I noticed that Spits Vb are very good... But the battle reports (especially from Clostemann, French Pilot) notice that it was completely surpassed by FW-190s...
    May be I fly against to weak FW drivers, or maybe I'm too good (my bet is none are true), but the MkV eats them for breakfast.
    Don't you guys thinks there is a problem with the spit ?
    I wonder how the MkIX will be !
    :-D
    I am otherwise delighted with AEP and this minor glitch is not a real concern...
    I just wanted to share my thought and know what other think.

Galex SedLex

Hello Oleg and everyone,

Sorry to start another complaining topic about FMs.
    I noticed that Spits Vb are very good... But the battle reports (especially from Clostemann, French Pilot) notice that it was completely surpassed by FW-190s...
    May be I fly against to weak FW drivers, or maybe I'm too good (my bet is none are true), but the MkV eats them for breakfast.
    Don't you guys thinks there is a problem with the spit ?
    I wonder how the MkIX will be !
    :-D
    I am otherwise delighted with AEP and this minor glitch is not a real concern...
    I just wanted to share my thought and know what other think.

Galex SedLex

nice generic post.

knight

Hristo_'s Avatar Senior Member
    The integral part of Spit FM are certain Spit drivers which seems to be greatly attracted to the type...

No matter how generous or not the FM is, they will always push it over the limit with regard to flying silly .

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    I think its more a matter of many pilots just not being experienced and therefore competitive with the FW190. Oleg and others have posted some data now showing exactly how to outclimb a Spitfire, how to outpace a Spitfire, and how to beat one. Its the tried, true, and has been pointed out a thousand times by experienced WWII pilots and seasoned FB veterans. Always have speed or altitude to your advantage.

Many people take a German fighter, even a 109, and attempt to enter into turn fights with La's, Yak's, Spitfires, and any other highly capable turn fighter and then wonder why the rest of their team can't help them clear their tail or why they keep loosing fights to these planes. Inevitably it leads to the claims of overmodeling and bias...in the meantime I've watched as the same mistakes are made over and over.

If you are piloting a FW190 you typically have a couple of things to your advantage.

The first is your engine power and your speed...in shallow dives or in level flight the FW190 is fast. Use CEM to get the most of your engine (prop pitch and boost at opportune moments are important). A shallow dive will allow you to escape from most opponents except a P-47 or a La (which has superior short term dive acceleration). At higher speeds only a few planes still retain manuverability...particularly in the elevator.

The second is the massive firepower. With 4x20mm cannons and machine guns of two types you have enough firepower to disable an engine, blow off a wing, cripple the flight surfaces, and rake 20mm cannon shells across your target from stem to stern.

Now I don't have AEP but considering that most people believe the Spitfire to be a bit similar to a Yak and considering that the same tactics apply no matter what the target is you just have to be proficient at your plane. The FW190 is harder to fly than some other types when you aren't used to it...when you are you'll start to feel the other types just don't offer enough speed or raw firepower.

So at this limited, non-AEP perspective, I believe its the pilots you may be flying against rather than specifically the FM's. Good FW190 pilots will give Spitfire V's a real handful...watch out for the IX tho

RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"

ucanfly's Avatar Senior Member
    I have a better time against Spits online rather than offline. The LFCW AI model is much more challenging to be against than a Yak3 , LA7, or P-51. Even when I try to climb out at 350 kph they catch up with me.If I try against four ACE AIs, I can out dive them and that is about it. The Yaks and Las are far easier offline than spit LFCW IMO as I can take four of them (Yak3s or LAs) on with relative ease using a 190A5.

I thimk this an Ai issue more than anything offline as I notice the SPIT LFCW almost climbs outta sight before the merge, and avoidance, climbing, diving, keeping speed up, etc. doesn't seem to work so far. Still trying to figure out best way to go on offensive as BnZ doesn't work if they're above you most of the time and can outclimb you in QMB neutral - advantage situation.

in aep in my opinion, the spifire mv V is cannon fodder. if the spitfire is shooting you down a lot and you are in a 190 then stop turn fighting w/ them. if you read any popular report on the 190 vs spit you will see that they felt the 190 was more maneouverable due to the fact that the 190 could dive away from the spitfire and also that the 190 had such a high rate of roll that it could split s away and the spitfire could not follow. no where in the report does it say that a 190 could out turn a spitfire.

one thing that has been bugging me about the spitfire though has been its lack of roll rate. the clip wing spit has a rate of roll very similar to the 190 from stall speed to 400 mph, havent seen this in the game though :O

p/s oleg do not respond to any of my posts, I am an idiot and I will drag you down to my level and then beat you with experience.

The AI in this game will push aircraft beyond their limits. It has been like this Il2, and it is still like this AEP. AI planes are not the best way to judge the flight model of a particular aircraft. The best way to test reletive flight models is to do so online on a 2 person server.

The AI Cheats

S!
    William "Jazz-Man" Katz
    Squadron Batman
    RAF No.74 Squadron
    www.raf74.com

ola!

i read posts like these all the time which spout FM discrepancies as they pertain to a certain plane and/or plane set.

most of the time, i wonder how the "spouter" has configured his/or hers joystick.

seems likely to me that poor joystick settings result in lackluster performance and, as such, are an instigator of many of these posts.

just my opinion.

capt_frank on HL

HellToupee's Avatar Senior Member
    I fly the spit alot i fidn it very good tho, if the guy runs he usually gets away, in turn fights i find i catch up to them and they dont last long under a burst of the 20mms .

d

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... Last ►►