Genuine questions and feedback for ubisoft.

Dear ubisoft,

I used to love the Assassin's Creed franchise and have spent many a penny on it over the years. Unfortunately, this will now come to an end and I will never spend another penny on these titles or any other of your titles. Why? Well, two reasons.

I'm sure my first point has been covered many times but you can treat this forum post as a complaint not just a comment so a full answer would be appreciated. Why are you attempting to destroy the secondhand market of your titles? The need for a code to play online is ridiculous, I've already given you nearly FORTY POUNDS, why can't I recoup some of this by selling it to a friend who's patient enough to wait until after the initial buzz of the release? I can sell my music CDs, my car, my phone or indeed any asset once I've finished with it and it works the same for the buyer as it did for me. Why do you feel your games are so special? Yes, I know my friend can buy a new code and that you want as much money as possible but that's not the point, if you annoy too many people, you'll be deservedly left with no customers. Gaming used to be a community thing, now it's just man vs world as he tries to eek out as much enjoyment out of a title as possible to make the heavy investment worth it.

My second point when combined with my first complaint manages to create more rage than the two single complaints combined. Congratulations on making me more angry than I should be. So secondly, why do you think it's fair to release an incomplete game, charge full price for it, and then a bit later on release the rest and charge for it? I am of course referring here to your DLC. If it's part of the game, put it in the game. Why should I have to pay you twice to experience the full joy of the game? It's like me building you a house, taking your money and then charging you extra to install the windows and doors. Have you not noticed how these sorts of tricks wind people up? People have got smart to DRM and now the very mention of it makes people put the title down and, god willing, the same will soon happen to DLC. If your game is good enough (which it is for f***s sake!) then it will sell well and you will make a fortune without having to underhandedly as*r*p* YOUR OWN PAYING CUSTOMERS!!!!!!

You make me so mad. The worst of it is I love the AC games but you are such a bunch of t*****s that I will now refuse to give you any more of my money. I used to rep your games to all that would listen, now I'll bad mouth you at a slightly-louder-than-inside-voice so that anyone in earshot can hear. I hope your company fails and I for one will gladly spit on its corpse.

yoinkster.

LightRey's Avatar Senior Member

I am not giving this to you.

ShaneO7K's Avatar Senior Member

rileypoole1234's Avatar Senior Member

totally agree

UrDeviant1's Avatar Senior Member

freddie_1897's Avatar Senior Member
    1. Servers cost money, if it was like catwoman in arkham city i would agree. Also, why would you sell your friend the game just for the MP?

2. If you are referring to ACB then that DLC was made after they finished the game, and it's better to have a DLC you can choose to buy or not than have one at all. In your theory, there wouldn't be any DLC because they cost money. Plus the DLC was great and was definitely worth a tenner, so stop being a cheap skate. Again, if it was day one DLC like ME3 I would agree.

Fine, don't spend any money on AC3 , your loss, none of us really care.

Do you think you could be more specific about what games your talking about?

Also, it kind of sounds like your in a bad mood about something and so you feel you have to go on a childish tantrum about it.

Now I wasn't to just make thing one thing clear, you won't spend any more money on Ubi because the MP is only available if you buy new, and the DLC doesn't come free?
    That doesn't seem like a fair enough reason to back up what your saying

mustash's Avatar Member
    Ignore the trolls, you raise some valid points. However, I'd recommend you contribute to this thread here

Originally Posted by freddie_1897 Go to original post
    1. Servers cost money, if it was like catwoman in arkham city i would agree. Also, why would you sell your friend the game just for the MP?

2. If you are referring to ACB then that DLC was made after they finished the game, and it's better to have a DLC you can choose to buy or not than have one at all. In your theory, there wouldn't be any DLC because they cost money. Plus the DLC was great and was definitely worth a tenner, so stop being a cheap skate. Again, if it was day one DLC like ME3 I would agree.

Fine, don't spend any money on AC3 , your loss, none of us really care.

Do you think you could be more specific about what games your talking about?

Also, it kind of sounds like your in a bad mood about something and so you feel you have to go on a childish tantrum about it.

Now I wasn't to just make thing one thing clear, you won't spend any more money on Ubi because the MP is only available if you buy new, and the DLC doesn't come free?
    That doesn't seem like a fair enough reason to back up what your saying
    I wouldn't sell it just for the MP but when I'm done with it, I can sell it. If I sold someone GTA4, they could play the SP and the MP and that's how it should be. I've chosen to sever my ties with a game because I've got everything out of it I want. that's how it works with every other product out there, why should this be any different? Servers do cost money but the CoD franchise is doing ok, the Halo franchise is doing ok, GTA is pretty popular yet they don't try to fold their customers over a barrel. I wasn't really referring to any specific DLC, I'm just angry that DLC should exist. If the game's not finished, wait. If it's finished, save the new stuff for the next game. It's made worse when the DLC achievements are listed as though they are part of the game. I wanted to find out what the river styx achievement was all about, ended up watching a clip on utoob and was like "err, ok, that wasn't in my game". The achievements at the very least should be clearly labeled "THIS IS ONLY IN THE PART WHERE YOU HAVE TO GIVE US MORE MONEY (LOL SUCKER)"

I know you, as a fan, don't care if I spend money on AC3 but I was somewhat naively hoping that either a) someone from ubisoft would be here or b) fans would have a defense for their game instead of just being morons.

Yes, I'm in a stonking mood because of the aforementioned run in with the DLC on utoob when I expected it to be in the game. The achievement was listed from the day the game came out so they had already decided what the DLC was going to contain and how it was going to work. That's just cheating. Flat out cheating.

I won't spend any more money on ubisoft because it's so obvious they've had a management meeting about "how to screw people out of as much money as possible" and come up with "I know, let's ruin the secondhand market so people will be forced to give us MOAR MONIES!" and "I know, let's make a game but know from the start we'll make an extra part and let's CHARGE FOR THAT TOO!! YEAH ONE FOR THE PRICE OF TWO!!!!"

Originally Posted by mustash2003 Go to original post
    Ignore the trolls, you raise some valid points. However, I'd recommend you contribute to this thread here
    Thanks for the link, I saw the thread and assumed it was more for things like "I hate that I couldn't push Y and get a horse." or "The key combination to do $blah was really anoying!" but I shall give it further read.

freddie_1897's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by mustash2003 Go to original post
    He raises no good points, the MP is a sideline to the game and the DLC serves no real purpose, he's just being ungrateful because he didn't get a few little extra things

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►