1. #1

    Worst Types of Missions

    1) Disguising yourself like a ally of your target - i hate those missions, because they dont allow you to be creative. the idea itself is creative, but after all its not us that came up with it, so when we're doing the mission in a disguise all we have to do is walk right in there and kill them. Doesnt allow us to be creative at all.

    2) Getting help from others - another annoying type of mission is where you HAVE TO use the assassins/thiefs/mercinaries. eg. the mission in sequence 7 i think it is in ACR, where im killling people, and the assassins come along and take all my kills. If there are kills to be made it should be our choice who does them. the whole idea of being a master assassin, i think, is so that i can do things alone. i dont want help it limits what i can do, and makes missions boring.

    3) missions where you have to follow a set path - eg. in AC2, ACB and ACB where you had to find the keys for armour/library. there was no point in those missions, they may as well have made them cut scenes because there is only one way to go you have no choice but to go that way, to get to the destination, whereas in missions such as, leonardo's war machine, they give you the target, and you have to find your own way there, killing who you want, when you want, if you want, in whatever way you want and ALONE! theyre the best type of missions

    4) In addition, i just remembered, the apple missions are sooo painful. They are agonisingly tedious and boring
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Originally Posted by YoooDonny Go to original post
    1) Disguising yourself like a ally of your target - i hate those missions, because they dont allow you to be creative. the idea itself is creative, but after all its not us that came up with it, so when we're doing the mission in a disguise all we have to do is walk right in there and kill them. Doesnt allow us to be creative at all.

    2) Getting help from others - another annoying type of mission is where you HAVE TO use the assassins/thiefs/mercinaries. eg. the mission in sequence 7 i think it is in ACR, where im killling people, and the assassins come along and take all my kills. no kills = no fun. the whole idea of being a master assassin, i think, is so that i can do things alone. i dont want help it limits what i can do, and makes missions boring.

    3) missions where you have to follow a set path - eg. in AC2, ACB and ACB where you had to find the keys for armour/library. there was no point in those missions, they may as well have made them cut scenes because there is only one way to go you have no choice but to go that way, to get to the destination, whereas in missions such as, leonardo's war machine, they give you the target, and you have to find your own way there, killing who you want, when you want, if you want, in whatever way you want and ALONE! theyre the best type of missions
    I agree with 3.
    But nothing wrong with 1 and 2.
    The whole point of being a 'Mentor' was having disciples.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    LightRey's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,058
    I disagree with all 3 points. I'd also like to point out that there were different routes to take at several points in all for the Romulus lairs.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Captain Tomatoz's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    York, England
    Posts
    1,052
    Disguising was fun and I understand that you didn't come up with it but I thought it was still fun. The second point I agree with because it gave no freedom to do the missions on your own if you wanted, its always nice to have a choice. But I still felt badass with the assassin recruits fighting by my side . However I don't agree with the third point as even though they were linear they were still fun and it sometimes was a little tricky to find the path you had to take.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by sidspyker24 Go to original post
    I agree with 3.
    But nothing wrong with 1 and 2.
    The whole point of being a 'Mentor' was having disciples.
    that doesn't necessarily mean you should HAVE TO do these things. one thing i thought was, whether you like these missions or not, the fact that you don't have the choice to do it or not is an automatic negative. not even a large choice, there should just be the choice to either do the mission that way or not. simple
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Tony6593 Go to original post
    Disguising was fun and I understand that you didn't come up with it but I thought it was still fun. The second point I agree with because it gave no freedom to do the missions on your own if you wanted, its always nice to have a choice. But I still felt badass with the assassin recruits fighting by my side . However I don't agree with the third point as even though they were linear they were still fun and it sometimes was a little tricky to find the path you had to take.
    dont get me wrong some of the lair missions are fun, eg, the ones with guards where you can do it stealthily or not, but the others where its one one climbing route and no guards is so restricting and quite tedious to an extent
    Share this post

  7. #7
    LightRey's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,058
    Originally Posted by YoooDonny Go to original post
    that doesn't necessarily mean you should HAVE TO do these things. one thing i thought was, whether you like these missions or not, the fact that you don't have the choice to do it or not is an automatic negative. not even a large choice, there should just be the choice to either do the mission that way or not. simple
    Tbh, it just sounds ridiculous. No kills = no fun? ssly? AC isn't all about killing y'know.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by LightRey Go to original post
    I disagree with all 3 points. I'd also like to point out that there were different routes to take at several points in all for the Romulus lairs.
    oooohh a couple of choices wow... tell me moreeee!
    Share this post

  9. #9
    pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Coventry, UK
    Posts
    17,515
    I just don't like repetitive following of people, I think its gotten really old now.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by LightRey Go to original post
    Tbh, it just sounds ridiculous. No kills = no fun? ssly? AC isn't all about killing y'know.
    i know what you mean, but i sort of put that wrongly. coz i dont like killing all the time (eg. i enjoyed the ACR mission where the task was to not kill anyone whilst working your way through that restricted are to find sulieman) i know its not all about killing, but if there are kills to be made, it should be us that make them, or at least our choice who makes them, after all WE are the master
    Share this post

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last ►►