Blind2Society's Avatar Senior Member

Corey May "I have a very specific way to go there."

Sorry to bring up the age old argument, but I was just reminded of it while watching Building The Assassin's Creed Universe video on gameinformer.com.

In the last minute or so of the video they discuss the settings of AC and where they could or could not go. Corey May says two things I have felt since the discussion was brought up.

On the subject of WWII he says, "I would just like to say that, if we ever did go to WWII, we would find a way to do it differently." I, myself, have always felt they (the AC team) could go where ever they would like and it would be brilliant.

On the subject of Feudal Japan he says, "We do have a way to go there, someday, tucked away in the back of my head." and "I have a very specific way to go there."

He fails to elaborate but these comments just really intrigued me. A lot of people have said they would not like these time periods but I've always felt they would do them right if they chose to. These statements by Corey May just further cemented that idea in my mind.

What do you all think of this?

If Corey says they can do it, then they can do it! Simple as that!
    Japan would be awesome viewed through the AC lens. If they can interest non-Americans (myself included) in a location as overdone as the U.S. then I don't understand why some people are so set against it.

freddie_1897's Avatar Senior Member
    I know! At first I was worried about the setting.

2 days later and I want it in my xbox right now

Where are all the people that fought tooth and nail over this topic not too long ago?

Perhaps they no longer hate the idea now that the series' writer said they can do it?

Come on everyone, what are your thoughts on this?

i wanted feudal japan wouldve been epic now well be running around in the revolutionary war trying to stop secret societies from taking over the united states and altering its course of history (like ive never seen a million movies about this or similarly the civil war) wich will be exciting for americans in general and good on them

honestly though japan/china even africa during the colonial wars (shaka zulu as an assassin) beautiful settings lots of bloody history or even a different american time period that hasnt been done so often (war with mexico or spain) theres also the assassins weve never seen in action yet the statues under monteriggioni have awsome stories behind them wich would fit in better with the game itself

i dont follow the whole 'universe' thing just my take on the games new setting and what would be nice to see

I like the idea of an Assassins game in japan, but after watching and reading alot of interviews about it from the AC team theyre completely right, Fuedal japan is way overdone in just about every form of media. I think what ubi was trying to acheive was instead of making an assassins game in similar or obvious locations like France,China, or Egypt, they wanted to take the series someplace where many games havent touched on before.

Now im not trying to sound like a single minded douch or anything lol, infact at first I hated the idea of the american revolution and really wanted someplace like Egypt, but after watching and reading just about every interview, I think I understand where they are tying to take the assassins franchise.

@deadly_thought, I was going to write a long response to your first paragraph there but instead I'll shorten it. Sounds like simple blind hate towards the US to me. There are a thousand reason why this will be a great setting for every not just us Americans. From your logic I shouldn't have liked the other AC titles because I'm not from the Middle East nor Italy and there have been a ton of movies, shows, books AND games about them. Illogical comment is illogical.

Well, I guess it turned out longer than planned.

This is somewhat off topic as this thread was intended to discuss Japan and WWII as settings. If you would like to discuss this further (which I really don't ) you can PM me.

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    I love corey in a bro kinda way. I am sure whatever thing he has in the back of his head for Japan would be awesome

albertwesker22's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Blind2Society Go to original post
    @deadly_thought, I was going to write a long response to your first paragraph there but instead I'll shorten it. Sounds like simple blind hate towards the US to me. There are a thousand reason why this will be a great setting for every not just us Americans. From your logic I shouldn't have liked the other AC titles because I'm not from the Middle East nor Italy and there have been a ton of movies, shows, books AND games about them. Illogical comment is illogical.

Well, I guess it turned out longer than planned.

This is somewhat off topic as this thread was intended to discuss Japan and WWII as settings. If you would like to discuss this further (which I really don't ) you can PM me.
    I was against America at the start. When that first image popped up, I was praying it wasn't true. Now I am quite put off by my ignorance. The whole thing is shaping up to be the best AC ever. I'm going to be ordering a few books on the revolution shortly.

oliacr's Avatar Senior Member
    they can do it!