Tetsou88's Avatar Member

Mohawk or Mojave

When they first revealed Conner, they said he was half Mohawk, but three of the latest previews have the following line:

Scalping enemies was originally a planned feature, but this was taken out after research showed that Mojave Indians never actually scalped their victims
    http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/0...inal-frontier/

Never mind, the meat of the game is half Mojave, half British Assassin Connor adventuring,
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...eed-3-preview/

Eurogamer Preview of AC3 also said that Connor is, “is half Mojave, half British” what happened?
    Hmm, my notes from the day say Mojave. But then they are notes written by me, and I do get things wrong. Will find out.
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...comment-946955

Did they change it at some point? Was this an error at the presentation they showed? Did the Journalists just get it wrong?

Mojave indians wouldn't make much sense, as there tribe is located near the Mojave desert, New Mexico.

LightRey's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm pretty sure it's Mohawk as his birth village is supposed to be located in the Frontier. It's likely a mistake spread through copying from each other and the similarity between the names.

SlimeDynamiteD's Avatar Senior Member
    Maybe it's me being silly, but maybe the town is called Mohawk, but the tribe is called Mojave?

UrDeviant1's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by SlimeDynamiteD Go to original post
    Maybe it's me being silly, but maybe the town is called Mohawk, but the tribe is called Mojave?
    I'm pretty sure Mohawks were a type of 'person', even had their own religion. I think they might get their name from where they were from, 'The Mohawk Valley'

EscoBlades's Avatar Community Manager
    I put my hands up....to say that i noted down exactly what Tommy Francois told us during the presentation. I suspect quite a few journos did too. Hence the Mojave reference in some previews.

He said exactly that. I suspect it was a slip up by Tommy. Connor is definitely Mohawk though. Apologies from me, for the confusion.

SlimeDynamiteD's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by UrDeviant1 Go to original post
    I'm pretty sure Mohawks were a type of 'person', even had their own religion. I think they might get their name from where they were from, 'The Mohawk Valley'
    Alrighty then.

JumpInTheFire13's Avatar Senior Member
    Isn't there a desert called the Mojave Desert? If it's named after that tribe, then I doubt Connor is Mojave. From what I've heard about AC3, it doesn't seem like there's any deserts.

Abeonis's Avatar Senior Member
    The Mojave were a Native American tribe, but they resided in and around the Mojave desert, in modern-day California. At the poin the game is set, I do not believe any European powers had reached that far west yet (besides the Spanish in Mexico). Any mention of Connor being a 'Mojave' is a mistake; he's Mohawk.

mattahleen's Avatar Member
    um i live in cal. and im pretty sure mojave desert is only four hours away, also the beach is bout five or six

JumpInTheFire13's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by mattahleen Go to original post
    um i live in cal. and im pretty sure mojave desert is only four hours away, also the beach is bout five or six
    So nowhere near where the American Revolution occurred. What exactly are you trying to prove? And thanks for the clarification Jasca.