Hi! I've only recently begun to use the Full Mission Builder on IL 2.
    My problem is the following:
    Whenever I place an enemy target on myself, the opposing aircraft do not appear to be very aggressive. Even when I alter their skill to Ace, they either fly close to me without any hostility, or simply circle me until I get bored.
    Can you help? What am I doing wrong?

Whenever I place an enemy target on myself, the opposing aircraft do not appear to be very aggressive. Even when I alter their skill to Ace, they either fly close to me without any hostility, or simply circle me until I get bored.
    Can you help? What am I doing wrong?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EJW2008:
    Can you help? What am I doing wrong? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hi EJW2008

Something sounds wrong to me too.
    The lack of aggressiveness doesn't make any sense to me.
    This site has several good tutorials for the FMB.
    Full Mission Builder

Click on my signature below and search the Knowledge Base at M4T.
    It has several mission building tips too.

Maybe you assigned them to the same Army?
    AI will not attack Friendly aircraft...

(I've created a Shortcut to this thread in the IL2 Mission Builder Forum, next time better go and start a thread there... )

Zeus-cat's Avatar Senior Member
    The AI is often called stupid, bbut I've never seen them called pacifists! Once they are within 5 kilometers or so the fighters WILL come after you unless they have no ammunition.

Bombers and most/some fighter-bombers will defend themselves, but will not normally come after you aggressively.

Zeus is correct in that.
    Another thing I have noticed is if their fuel is 10% or less they tend to head for their home base. I once did some tests and found that even with full ammo loads if their fuel was low they were not aggressive.

I think the issue is, from what i have found is the Destroy element changes from one side to the other... ive tryed and no matter what i do all destroy elements will be for the same side even if i set one for red and another for blue, they will change to the last side i selected.. any help in correcting this would be most helpful.
    ~S~ Bear

I think the issue is, from what i have found is the Destroy element changes from one side to the other... ive tryed and no matter what i do all destroy elements will be for the same side even if i set one for red and another for blue, they will change to the last side i selected.. any help in correcting this would be most helpful.
    ~S~ Bear
    PS BTW ~S~ BeeBop.. been along time buddy

Aviar's Avatar Senior Member
    Bear,

There is nothing wrong with the 'Destroy' function. It is working as intended. You can't have both a Red and Blue 'Destroy' target in a mission. This is why they will all turn to Red or Blue, depending on certain properties within the mission.

Aviar