Dellers's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by adventurewomen Go to original post
    I've read some articles mentioning the AnvilNext Engine is being used for ACU..
    I really hope not. That engine is highly ineffective, especially on the CPU side of things. I doubt that they would use it for a game that's only current gen, really. If that engine is in fact being used I see two possible outcomes. Either it turns out that the E3 trailer is something that's looking way better than what will be the case in the full game, that or it will run at no more than 20-30 FPS on a high end computer. There's no way they can make it run well with the number of NPCs they're talking about if they're using that same old engine that made Assassin's Creed 3 go from 100 to 30 FPS just by looking at different trees.

Morpheus7000's Avatar Junior Member
    @Dag_B
    Yes very strange. It seems that Uplay has send the friend request afer you accepted my team-join request.

I preordered the game via Ubishop.de today. I have recived the code right after I had playced the order. Since I have a team now I will redeem my code now.

Originally Posted by Dellers Go to original post
    I really hope not. That engine is highly ineffective, especially on the CPU side of things. I doubt that they would use it for a game that's only current gen, really. If that engine is in fact being used I see two possible outcomes. Either it turns out that the E3 trailer is something that's looking way better than what will be the case in the full game, that or it will run at no more than 20-30 FPS on a high end computer. There's no way they can make it run well with the number of NPCs they're talking about if they're using that same old engine that made Assassin's Creed 3 go from 100 to 30 FPS just by looking at different trees.
    Maybe Ubisoft have really taken advantage of the engine for this title and made it better than before?

AherasSTRG's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Mayrice Go to original post
    Ah graphics card talk.

I don't actually understand it.

I just know the bigger numbers on the right side, the better. usually.

Are the games naturally 1080p on a PC or do I have to change that in the options?
    First of all you need to make sure that your screen's maximum resolution is at least 1920x1080. You can find that information on the box (there are other ways of course, but this is the easiest one). Most screens on the market right now are of that resolution.

After you have ascertained this, you should know that most games adapt automatically to the maximum native resolution of your screen. There are a few games, like Watch Dogs, whose resolution needs to be changed from the options menu. Assassin's Creed 4 was not one of them though.

@Dag_B
    Adventure may be right. After all, the stuttering and lag problems of AC3 had been dealt with on AC4. Of course, the engine is far from perfect, but if Ubisoft works on it, they can make it work.

Edit: Anyway, I 'm off, guys and girls, good night.
    Edit #2 before I go: The AnvilNext is mostly problematic with trees and general fauna (dunno why) and as far as the demoes go, Unity seems to have very few trees.

JustPlainQuirky's Avatar Senior Member
    Ah alright Adhe thanks

Originally Posted by Aheradrim Go to original post
    @Dag_B
    Adventure may be right. After all, the stuttering and lag problems of AC3 had been dealt with on AC4. Of course, the engine is far from perfect, but if Ubisoft works on it, they can make it work.

Edit: Anyway, I 'm off, guys and girls, good night.
    Edit #2 before I go: The AnvilNext is mostly problematic with trees and general fauna (dunno why) and as far as the demoes go, Unity seems to have very few trees.
    Agreed, well said!

Teammates for Unite

Hello everybody!
    I'm looking for three teammates too.
    You can find me under the name: Rico282
    My team calls "Credobewahrer"
    Please join me to kill the templars...
    and getting all preorder bonusses

Nothing is true everything is permitted!

does anyone have a space i wanna join

Dag_B's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by iRevoz Go to original post
    does anyone have a space i wanna join
    Just look right above you.

SixKeys's Avatar Senior Member
    Feel free to add me.