So I recently bought this game during Steams fall sale. I was excited for the great deal and couldn't wait to fire it up. I tried launching the game, but to no avail. I then googled around to see if I could fix the problem. I redownloaded the game first off and that didn't fix anything. So then I learned that the Launcher packaged with the game is faulty and downloaded a fixed one. After I tried again to fire up the game I heard the sounds of the game running but saw nothing but black. I let it run and eventually it took me to (what I believe is) the title screen, and it looked like this...

And so I decided to try to click around for a bit. I could hear the menu buttons and just clicked stuff...

I also tried to CMD+Tab out and look for a fix for this as well. I read some things about resolutions being unsupported etc. So I decided that I would try to change the resolution through the in game menu. Here are a few screenshots from me attempting to play through the beginning of the story with these graphic troubles as well as some of the resolutions I attempted to play on.

Changed the resolution

Advanced video settings

I'm on a Macbook Pro 2011 V 10.7.2 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB Running OS X Lion.
    Any help would be appreciated, I just want to play the game I paid for :/

:(

Same problem.... has anybody found a solution yet?

Rock.City's Avatar Member
    Hello dynamiteSTEEL and THOMASS88... I'm sorry to hear about your video problem/issue... I'm not very familiar with Mac's as I am with PC's, but I will give it a shot. After looking here http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/a...on-mac-version for minimum system Splinter Cell Conviction requirements MAC version; my first inclination is Splinter Cell Conviction does not support your Intel HD Graphics 3000 (it's not on the list) and if it's not supported, it (most likely) will not work. Even if your video card was on the list, it most likely would not be supported by Splinter Cell Conviction because it's on a laptop/notebook/macbook.

I suggest you contact Ubisoft Technical Support http://support.ubisoft.com/. Ubisoft Technical Support is very helpful; as-long-as you provide them with necessary/adequate detailed information (as you did here on this forum) to help you troubleshoot the problem/issue.

Good luck.