1. #1

    Multiplayer Characters' Stories, how did their genetic memories pass on?

    Altair, Ezio, and Connor... These are the ansestors of Desmond Miles. He has viewed their lives through the Animus, the Animus 2.0, and yet to view Connor's in the Animus 3.0.
    How does the Animus work is that it replays genetic memories. Which means these memories are ofcorse stored within the DNA.

    These genetic memories are passed down to the descendants...
    For instance, Altair had children with Maria Thorpe... Darim went west and the Auditores came to existance... Ezio hand children with Sofia, and their bloodline continues generations after generations.
    Only through THIS, can Desmond view the genetic memories of both Altair, Ezio, and Connor.

    Here's what I do not understand... How did Abstergos get the genetic memories of those multiplayer characters that we play as all the time?

    Most of these characters, such as Cahin (the Harlequin), Caha (the Hellequin), Fiora (the Cortesan, maybe she was killed by Cesare), Il Lupo (the Prowler), Malfatto (The Doctor), Mirela (the Trickster), etc., all have DIED before they even had children.

    If their genes are not passed on, how did Abstergo even manage to obtain their genetic memories? It just doesn't make any sense.

    __________________

    Or does it work this way... they've obtained the memories of Assassins like Ezio. Ezio have met many "Templar agents" such as Lia de Russo, Il Carnifice, and Malfatto, therefore their movements linger within his memory.
    Abstergo uses Ezio's memories to obtain the needed actions to create those Animus avatars...

    Does it work like that, or is there something else?
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Did you ever look at the introduction to the first MP?

    It is said, that the MP is a virtual training program for Abstergo agents so they can train their abilities. They are not replaying someones memories...or do you think that those pople did over and over again
    Share this post

  3. #3
    JumpInTheFire13's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    965
    Moryarity basically nailed it. But I have one more thing to say. Judging by this quote:
    Originally Posted by Ezio_ilMentore Go to original post
    These genetic memories are passed down to the descendants...
    For instance, Altair had children with Maria Thorpe... Darim went west and the Auditores came to existance... Ezio hand children with Sofia, and their bloodline continues generations after generations.
    Only through THIS, can Desmond view the genetic memories of both Altair, Ezio, and Connor.
    It seems like you think Altair, Ezio, and Connor are all related.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,108
    Originally Posted by JumpInTheFire13 Go to original post
    Moryarity basically nailed it. But I have one more thing to say. Judging by this quote:

    It seems like you think Altair, Ezio, and Connor are all related.
    Indeed, I was gonna say the same thing
    as far as we know Ezio and Altair arent, we still dont know about Connor for sure..
    Share this post

  5. #5
    SaintPerkele's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    726
    Speaking of this.. Was it ever mentioned anywhere how exactly the DDS worked? You know, the thing we used in Project Legacy.

    I'm pretty sure that there are at least some cases in which the people never had ancestors, Mario Auditore or probably Fiora Cavazza for example. Who does it work in their case?
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,108
    Originally Posted by SaintPerkele Go to original post
    Speaking of this.. Was it ever mentioned anywhere how exactly the DDS worked? You know, the thing we used in Project Legacy.

    I'm pretty sure that there are at least some cases in which the people never had ancestors, Mario Auditore or probably Fiora Cavazza for example. Who does it work in their case?
    Descendants*
    maybe Mario had an illegitimate child, its not entirely disclosed..
    And Fiora was a *****..... need I say more ?
    Share this post

  7. #7
    frogger504's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    U S of Agh
    Posts
    800
    Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    Descendants*
    And maybe Mario had an illegitimate child, its not entirely disclosed..
    I know that Ezio did, and it was probably with Caterina
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,108
    Originally Posted by frogger504 Go to original post
    I know that Ezio did, and it was probably with Caterina
    Not possible..
    When Abstergo were forcing 16 to relive Ezio`s memories, 16 was no longer following ezio BEFORE he found the Vault..
    Thats why Abstergo got Desmond..
    and even If its not necessarily 16`s Ancestor, I`d to stick with actual history that Caterina had no offspring Auditore..
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Jexx21's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13,222
    The DDS is letting other people live the lives of other people's ancestral memories.

    I always assumed that they got the genetic memories of the Templars in MP from certain people.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    frogger504's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    U S of Agh
    Posts
    800
    Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    Not possible..
    When Abstergo were forcing 16 to relive Ezio`s memories, 16 was no longer following ezio BEFORE he found the Vault..
    Thats why Abstergo got Desmond..
    and even If its not necessarily 16`s Ancestor, I`d to stick with actual history that Caterina had no offspring Auditore..
    Wasn't he wit Caterina before the Vault? Like during the DLC? I just say that because I heard somewhere that the real Caterina Sforza had a secret child who's father was never revealed.
    Share this post