if the fighting mechanic is heavily based on the tomohawk and knife....

will that take away from the combat because i myself got kind of bored of fighting in assasssins creed often because the lack of different weapons and different fighting styles for them. i mean you had like 10 swords but they all were used the same way and with the new era it seems that melee weapons will be used less if anything because melee combat should decrease because its not in the middle ages and renisanse anymore and guns are used much more. native american weapons seem to be the biggest .change i hope to get a legit spear and not just for throwing. i hated how guards could get weapons you couldn't but but had to disarm to guards to use them.

Jexx21's Avatar Senior Member
    It isn't.

And Assassin's Creed had a good amount of weapons to use also..

Calvarok's Avatar Senior Member
    It's more like the tomahawk and knife are the default pair. but it's confirmed you can dual weild other weapons.

Jexx21's Avatar Senior Member
    Also, I'm starting to think the knife is our new Hidden Blade.

The Hidden Knife! You can either use it as a standard hidden blade or you can pop it into your hand and use it as a knife!

Tetsou88's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Jexx21 Go to original post
    Also, I'm starting to think the knife is our new Hidden Blade.

The Hidden Knife! You can either use it as a standard hidden blade or you can pop it into your hand and use it as a knife!
    I believe this too, in Game Informer there is a close up of Connor with the tomahawk in one hand and a knife in the other, the knife's blade is thin and looks just like a hidden blade. Also the knife looks like it's mechanical in nature, IE it's not a solid piece.

It looks just like the hidden blade in this picture:

Where does it confirm dual wielding other weapons?

LightRey's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by BraxtonNelson Go to original post
    Nowhere. It's purely theory based on some pictures we've seen.

Tetsou88's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by BraxtonNelson Go to original post
    In the game informer it says the following:

You tap the B or circle bu-tton to counter, but the constant presence of two weapons (like a tomahawk and a knife) opens the possibility for double counters when multiple enemies attack at once. In these cases your acrobatic counter now takes them both down at once, beginning a chain of kills that you can carry over to other enemies in the area. Whether armed with a hidden blade, a tomahawk, or any other weapon combination, the game encourages more offensive play than the previous installments.
    Jesus, Ubisoft needs to really fix their curse sensor, you can say ***, but bu-tton throws it off because of bu-tt.

do you expect to only have dual wielding combat? because although it is a great addition being able to attack an enemy with a heavier weapon would be fun as well. the era is great but its kind a hard to see how heavy weapons come into play because 2 handed swords, huge axes, and warhammers aren't used in the americas during these times. also halberds and other weapons as well. guns seem to be a must but do you expect to see different guns such as a shotgun, and blunderbuss's. we have already seen pistols and rifles used by connor.

found pics of some native american weapons and just figured people might want to see them since connor i s half native american.