Legendz54's Avatar Senior Member

Cars invented in 1700,s

Appareantly the first cars were invented by benjamin Franklin in 1786 but no one bought them because they could ride on horses for a Lower cost do you think we will see this event I'n AC3

No. I hope not anyway. Who would want to use a car?

D.I.D.'s Avatar Senior Member
    I don't think that's true. None of his other inventions are anywhere close in complexity and sophistication to the car. The first bicycles weren't manufactured until the 1800s.

LightRey's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by DoubleclickTF Go to original post
    I don't think that's true. None of his other inventions are anywhere close in complexity and sophistication to the car. The first bicycles weren't manufactured until the 1800s.
    I can't find anything about him regarding the invention of automobiles either. His name isn't even mentioned on the wikipedia page.

Street racing for AC3.

Originally Posted by persiateddy95 Go to original post
    Street racing for AC3.
    xD
    Need for Speed Revolution: race against George Washington and many other historic figures from the American Revolution.

Legendz54's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by LightRey Go to original post
    I can't find anything about him regarding the invention of automobiles either. His name isn't even mentioned on the wikipedia page.
    I looked up "were cars invented in the 1700,s "and it was someone's opinion answer, must have been false
    I don't want cars anyway I just thought you might see him trying to invent a car when you meet him in the game

D.I.D.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Mani60Cent12 Go to original post
    I looked up "were cars invented in the 1700,s "and it was someone's opinion answer, must have been false
    I don't want cars anyway I just thought you might see him trying to invent a car when you meet him in the game
    Unlikely. The first wheeled vehicle to move under steam pressure (not a motorcar, since it had no motor) was invented before Franklin's birth, and the invention of the combustion engine came after his death.

In reality, not even the inventors of the combustion engine managed to marry it with a carriage design as a land vehicle, and made a boat instead. It took other people to conquer the difficulties of getting the engine on the roads. If he was shown even attempting the build a car, he'd be having to invent both the combustion engine and the car at the same time, which would be too much of a leap.

Originally Posted by Mani60Cent12 Go to original post
    Looks like it. Well it would've been a cool idea if it were true (not that I'd want cars in the game).

ForgiveMePlz's Avatar Banned
    One would be the problem of seeing him trying to invent a car? Didn't leonardo try to invent an "air-plane"?

I doubt that leonardo's plane worked for real but in the game we use it without problems, we even have a mortar in it LOL