Hi there,

I can run Far Cry without a problem if I enable AA/AF in my graphics card driver, but when I enable any AA feature in the Far Cry menu it crashes my game and then refuses to reboot until I disable the option in the Far Cry configurator.

Any one else get the same problem, as it is rather annoying.

My system is
    AMD 3000xp+
    AZN8X-Deluxe MB w. latest forceware drivers
    Radeon 9800 Pro w.4.5 Catalyst (had same problem with other cat drivers)
    1024Mb 2700 Ram
    SB Audigy Platinum

Hi there,

I can run Far Cry without a problem if I enable AA/AF in my graphics card driver, but when I enable any AA feature in the Far Cry menu it crashes my game and then refuses to reboot until I disable the option in the Far Cry configurator.

Any one else get the same problem, as it is rather annoying.

My system is
    AMD 3000xp+
    AZN8X-Deluxe MB w. latest forceware drivers
    Radeon 9800 Pro w.4.5 Catalyst (had same problem with other cat drivers)
    1024Mb 2700 Ram
    SB Audigy Platinum

I'm having the same problem with the same video card and drivers. It may be a problem similar to Battlefield Vietnam. The programmers may have optomized teh bame for nVidia cards not ATi. All you can do is wait for them to patch it... Unless you want to buy a new video card

My system runs ok if I leave in-game video option for AA as none, and adjust the Direct3D controls in the ATI control panel at 'Balanced', or 1 setting to the right 'High Quality', which will be AA at 2X.

If I go for 'Optimal Quality' I get a large FPS hit.

It seems the GPU hardware will have issues if the CAT. driver and the in-game settings for AA are both sending a conflicting instruction set to the Hardware ====> crash

Hope this helps

FarCry CAN
    FarCry Canada Top 100
    FarCry Resources