johnnyhayek's Avatar Member

I wouldn't worry much about the American setting...

Hey

So, it seems many people are worried about the American setting and having to fight with the Americans against the British, but I wouldn't worry too much. I am Lebanese myself so it's an issue for me as well. But the game's being made in Montreal, and Ubisoft is headquartered in France, in addition to the creative director being Australian, so I don't think Americans will be praised that much in this game. Also, knowing Ubisoft's creativity and cleverness in game design, I don't think they'll go all out "OH YEA AMERICA FTW". There's bound to be an equal number of American enemies in the game. Anyways, the American setting was a step in the right direction, especially with how the game's progressing. Plus, in modern days, USA almost dominates the world (sadly), so they can tie this in multiple ways to the AC series.

you mean like templar word domination

Just a joke, guys. don't make a fuzz of it

johnnyhayek's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Moryarity Go to original post
    you mean like templar word domination

Just a joke, guys. don't make a fuzz of it
    Actually, it's exactly what I meant

Rycay's Avatar Member
    I feel everyone is getting hyped up over a plot/story-line we hardly know anything about. I know the trailer showed Connor killing British soliders, but we may have to kill Americans, maybe even some French as well since they were allied with them. From what I've heard there are Templars on both sides so that's a possibility.

tarrero's Avatar Senior Member
    I WAS worried about the gameplay and setting, but not much about the story, Do you know why? Because I thought the game would have the same mechanics, factions and older stuff on a "non exotic" setting like America, but since I saw that our protagonist was able to do freerunning on trees, hunt animals and use their skin, that seasons are present in the game, that den defense is gone, and mostly, that this game has been developed for 3 years...

Now, I CANNOT wait for its release!

brick177's Avatar Senior Member
    The plus side of the American setting, according to Alex Hutchinson, was the addition of the natural environment. Like he said, "I always thought it was weird that the only thing you couldn't climb in an AC game is the only thing I've climbed in real life, a tree." You just couldn't get those environments with another European city game concept.

Think of the future games that can be built on this concept. Feudal Japan, heavily forested, Spanish conquest of the Maya, heavily forested...

pirate1802's Avatar AC Expert
    Originally Posted by brick177 Go to original post
    The plus side of the American setting, according to Alex Hutchinson, was the addition of the natural environment. Like he said, "I always thought it was weird that the only thing you couldn't climb in an AC game is the only thing I've climbed in real life, a tree." You just couldn't get those environments with another European city game concept.

Think of the future games that can be built on this concept. Feudal Japan, heavily forested, Spanish conquest of the Maya, heavily forested...
    That may well turn out to be a masterstroke!