Sure I understand why game companies do copy protection but when the last 2 games that I buy BOTH will not run cause of copy protection IMO they have gone to far.
    I purchased the new BF Vietnam game and when I tried to run the game it keeps asking me to insert the CD even thou it was in the machine. So I take that back and swap it for Farcry. Now for some weird reason it keeps saying I have some CD/DVD software running on my machine when I have nothing even close to that. The only DVD software I have is my DVD player that does not start up when the machine boots. And yes I checked msconfig and there is nothing running that I dont know of. I have 2 CD drivers, DVD and normal CD Drive and nothing works.
    To me the copy protection has gone too far when a legitimate purchased copy of games are unable to be run cause the copy protection of the game is getting the wrong information.

Guess I am off to try Breed or UT2004 now. Hopefully one of those will work.

Sure I understand why game companies do copy protection but when the last 2 games that I buy BOTH will not run cause of copy protection IMO they have gone to far.
    I purchased the new BF Vietnam game and when I tried to run the game it keeps asking me to insert the CD even thou it was in the machine. So I take that back and swap it for Farcry. Now for some weird reason it keeps saying I have some CD/DVD software running on my machine when I have nothing even close to that. The only DVD software I have is my DVD player that does not start up when the machine boots. And yes I checked msconfig and there is nothing running that I dont know of. I have 2 CD drivers, DVD and normal CD Drive and nothing works.
    To me the copy protection has gone too far when a legitimate purchased copy of games are unable to be run cause the copy protection of the game is getting the wrong information.

Guess I am off to try Breed or UT2004 now. Hopefully one of those will work.

Ching !! (rings up another lost sale on the cash register) . One day you'll learn, Ubi

The CD/DVD thing is an Ubi special.. nobody else does it. The message you saw was "CD/DVD emulation" blah, blah..

Far Cry has been coded to be incompatible with virtual CD/DVD drive software, like Daemon tools, Alcohol 120 etc. Apparently the US packaging warns about this - unfortunately nodoby else's (UK and Aussie confirmed so far) seems to.

There's a big thread on this in tech support.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Resheal:

Guess I am off to try Breed or UT2004 now. Hopefully one of those will work.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Breed works fine & is an excellent game ..... which I was hoping Far Cry would also be, but like you (& god knows how many others), I can't play it either & have taken back for a refund.

Ching !!

It's a disgrace!

Haha, I've experienced this with UBI software earlier.
    It's ridiculous, they think they're stopping piracy by denying people of using software that is more often than not applied with legal purpose.

At any rate, I like to make images of my own cd's, so I don't have to worry about losing them.

Just download the newest version of Daemon-tools if you have it.
    It should solve your problem.

Problem is Naakkve is that I dont actually have any of these programs actually installed or running on my machine. It just seems to think I have which IMO is a joke.

Have you people actually tried contacting official support? That should have been the first thing to do.

why? so you can sit on hold for an hour? message boards are far more helpfull than official technical support in my exp.