[Steam]ACR - Ubisoft Game Launcher Error - "Fail to start the Ubisoft Game Launcher"

I have download AC from the Steam shop.
    Every time I load ACR, the stupid Ubisoft Game launcher pops out , say "Checking for Udates"
    And then a moment later, a window, "Fail to start the Ubisoft Game Launcher", pops out and saying:
    "Fail to load configuration. Please restart the game.If the error persists please contact Ubisoft support."

I tried to reinstall the launcher,delete the folder of launcher, download the game from Steam numbers of time, but the error still persist.
    Also, I have tried to find the "Hosts" file in "C:Windows\System32\Drivers\etc" try to delete, but there wasn't any file call"Hosts"
    i could find.
    I have looking for the solution for long time, someone said delete the "Host", someone said reinstall. However, i just can't fix it!

Anyone could help me with that. It is making me carzy.
    I have spent my money on it. How can it just not work, can't play at all.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi's Avatar Community Representative
    To resolve this issue, you will need to manually install the GameLauncher software, which handles the online authentication in the game. Please note that this software MUST be installed to play the game, and cannot be uninstalled or disabled.

1. First, you will need to uninstall the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" software from the 'Add/Remove Programs' (Windows XP) / 'Installed Programs' (Windows Vista and 7) icon in your computer's control panel. It's possible that the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" software will not be listed if you have already uninstalled it, or the game. If so, you can skip this step.

2. After uninstalling the software, you will need to manually delete any leftover files in the C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (32-bit versions of Windows) or C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (64-bit versions of Windows). Please do not skip this step, it is very important. If this folder does not exist, please go to the next step.

3. Reinstall the GameLauncher software from: http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orbit/lau...rInstaller.exe. Once installed, you should be able to start the game!

Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush Go to original post
    To resolve this issue, you will need to manually install the GameLauncher software, which handles the online authentication in the game. Please note that this software MUST be installed to play the game, and cannot be uninstalled or disabled.

1. First, you will need to uninstall the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" software from the 'Add/Remove Programs' (Windows XP) / 'Installed Programs' (Windows Vista and 7) icon in your computer's control panel. It's possible that the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" software will not be listed if you have already uninstalled it, or the game. If so, you can skip this step.

2. After uninstalling the software, you will need to manually delete any leftover files in the C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (32-bit versions of Windows) or C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (64-bit versions of Windows). Please do not skip this step, it is very important. If this folder does not exist, please go to the next step.

3. Reinstall the GameLauncher software from: http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orbit/lau...rInstaller.exe. Once installed, you should be able to start the game!
    i have seen that post alrdy. That link is down, can't download anything. Just no one fix it! Or maybe u have block the IP of my region. idk.
    As i said, i have tried this method alrdy. NOT WORKING!

ace3001's Avatar Senior Member
    "Also, I have tried to find the "Hosts" file in "C:Windows\System32\Drivers\etc" try to delete, but there wasn't any file call"Hosts"
    i could find." <= Problem lies here. I think I can assume what you've done, but anyhow, that's a different story.
    What is in your Windows\System32\Drivers\etc folder? Hosts file should be there unless you've already deleted it.

Originally Posted by kolitha.kuruppu Go to original post
    "Also, I have tried to find the "Hosts" file in "C:Windows\System32\Drivers\etc" try to delete, but there wasn't any file call"Hosts"
    i could find." <= Problem lies here. I think I can assume what you've done, but anyhow, that's a different story.
    What is in your Windows\System32\Drivers\etc folder? Hosts file should be there unless you've already deleted it.
    Just the following files:
    1. Imhosts.sam
    2. networks
    3. protocol
    4. services

ace3001's Avatar Senior Member
    That's weird. Maybe you deleted it earlier? If so, and you still get the issue, then your problem has nothing to do with the hosts file. Sorry for not being of any help.

bought the game yesterday, but when i try to run it, i get the same error. Uninstalled a thousand times, re-installed but nothing worked!

Please help!

I am getting the same problem here
    Were you able to solve it?? How?

Ubi-MoshiMoshi's Avatar Community Representative
    Hi guys, if you have followed the instructions and it is still not working then please contact technical support, the link is in my signature.

It has been 4 days and I still have the same problem.. Can't play the game because of problematic ubisoft software. The launcher link is not working for me.

The funny thing is I wouldn't have these problems If I went for the torrent.