What got you first hooked on to the AC franchise?*potential spoilers*

What got me hooked was the first game Assassins Creed. I was overseas in the military in Japan and i had 2 roommates. One of my roommates had an Xbox. In the military when your off duty, you have alot of free time, it can be fun and very boring also. So bunch of guys had Tvs, all sorts of consoles and all. Well i saw my roomate playing Assassins Creed, I was like "wow, what is that, thats awesome."

So when my roommate wasnt around i'd be playing his xbox, so I started playing AC. What really captivated me other than the idea that your living in the 21st century and you could revisit your Ancestor's DNA, was the story's setting, the 1100s, the crusades. Ive never thought how exciting and awesome it is to play a game that has to do with Ancient times. I was use to modern time games.

Well the more I played it and paid attention to the dialogue and story, the more i loved it. I even had a friend at the time who didnt play video games at all and he said thats one video game he would play. So that had to be something right? Well i wanted to beat the game before my roommate did, i wanted to know the ending. And I did, and it was MIND BLOWING!!! So i knew after seeing that, there had to be another installment coming out. Just had to be!!

When I heard the second one was coming out, i was like "wow they did bring a 2nd one out" but i wasnt in a rush to get it, of course at that time i didnt knew the potential that AC carries as it does now. So it wasnt a big deal to me, but my brother and I agreed to attend Black Friday for the 1st time(exciting, crazy experience) it was a week after the game had been released. he got himself a PS3 and AC2 with other games, so since he got it, i knew i had to play it. And once again i was in Awe. Wow amazing. And have kept up with the franchise since then and its my all time favorite franchise too!!

So yea i would like to hear your stories of how the "addiction" or "love" for Assassin's Creed started.

Lonesoldier2012's Avatar Banned
    I picked up a used 360 2 years ago. i picked up Halo 3 and Assassins Creed. [not knowing what Ac was] i played Halo with my bro all day then the next morning i decided to check Ac out. i played that all day and until i beat it. been hooked ever since.

JumpInTheFire13's Avatar Senior Member
    I was never into this kind of game when I was younger. I always played racing games. Then one day I randomly bought Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. It instantly became my favourite game and it caused me to check out more action adventure games. I had heard about Assassin's Creed, so I looked it up on Wikipedia. I remember reading part of the plot section and not having a clue how to pronounce any of the names. Then I bought it and thought it was a great game, until Uncharted 2 came out. Eventually I picked up the original AC again and finished it. I spent so much time just looking at the symbols at the Abstergo building in eagle vision and was super curious about what the next game would be about. I also remember watching the Cesare trailer for Brotherhood before playing AC2, wondering who the **** this "Ezio" guy was. And then finally I played AC2, and basically ever since playing that game AC has been my favourite game franchise. Aaaand that's basically my life story hahaha

LordWolv's Avatar Senior Member
    Isaac walks into game rent shop, Isaac picks up Assassin's Creed II, Isaac goes 'meh, might be good', Isaac walks home, Isaac plays for five minutes, ISAAC IS HOOKED!

Originally Posted by Isaac500 Go to original post
    Isaac walks into game rent shop, Isaac picks up Assassin's Creed II, Isaac goes 'meh, might be good', Isaac walks home, Isaac plays for five minutes, ISAAC IS HOOKED!
    funny, i like that simple and short

Originally Posted by JumpInTheFire13 Go to original post
    I was never into this kind of game when I was younger. I always played racing games. Then one day I randomly bought Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. It instantly became my favourite game and it caused me to check out more action adventure games. I had heard about Assassin's Creed, so I looked it up on Wikipedia. I remember reading part of the plot section and not having a clue how to pronounce any of the names. Then I bought it and thought it was a great game, until Uncharted 2 came out. Eventually I picked up the original AC again and finished it. I spent so much time just looking at the symbols at the Abstergo building in eagle vision and was super curious about what the next game would be about. I also remember watching the Cesare trailer for Brotherhood before playing AC2, wondering who the **** this "Ezio" guy was. And then finally I played AC2, and basically ever since playing that game AC has been my favourite game franchise. Aaaand that's basically my life story hahaha
    haha nice, yea its been my favorite franchice as well. Love your sig btw awesome

A guy I watched on deviantart mentioned how there was this cool new character who is an assassin and totally more awesome than the stupid ninjas in Naruto so I checked it out, found out about Assassin's Creed. I got hooked before the game even came out. Well, I also played part of the first game before it came out because I was invited to the Secret Assembly (watch me sound like a total dork and make funny faces while gaming).

Originally Posted by Kaxen6 Go to original post
    A guy I watched on deviantart mentioned how there was this cool new character who is an assassin and totally more awesome than the stupid ninjas in Naruto so I checked it out, found out about Assassin's Creed. I got hooked before the game even came out. Well, I also played part of the first game before it came out because I was invited to the Secret Assembly (watch me sound like a total dork and make funny faces while gaming).
    awesome, very awesome thank you for sharing that with us. So how did you get selected for that? if you dont mind me asking, its the first time i hear of something like that

Some of the others at the Secret Assembly got there through contests and stuff. I was initially bummed that I didn't win the contest to go, but then they e-mailed me and just invited me to come.

i got hooked since AC 1
    when i just wanted the game i had no idea
    i had no idea i will be in such an awe from playing the first few minutes
    been a fan ever since

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►