il-2 a flight sim started out on the eastern front with germany and russia, now theyve done a game called pacific fighters. the same could be done with SHIII. move the theatre. make it so that we can see what sub warfare was like in the war with japan. im not one of those "why german u-boats?" kinda guys, but i think it would be a nice change. i had a grand father who served as a SeaBee in the pacfic, so getting to be at least in the ocean he served in would be great. i think for me the war with germany has always been more interesting, but the more i read about the war with japan the more i start realizing the war in the pacifc was just as interesting.
    so dev team, if your listening i think this would and should be the next step after SHIII, possibly as an add-on/gold addition,whatever you want to call it. a destroyer command 2 would be ok, but i think most everyone playing SHIII are big sub fans, so it would only be right to let them have subs again.
    some of you "u-boat only" nuts may not like the idea of using less advanced submarines in the pacfic, but think of the challenge. i thought i read a post somewhere hear about U.S subs not being able to dive as deep as german subs, thats challenging enough isnt it?
    the only other thing i could think of as add-ons for SHIII would be to let people play other nations subs like russian, italian, and british subs. two ideas for missions that come to mind are the birtish in those tiny subs trying to damage the tirptiz in norway and a russian sub firing at tirpitz as shes heading out to attack convoy PQ17. but it seems like allied sub action in the atlantic might not be worth messing with. so again i think bringing silent hunter back to its roots would be nice.
    anyone else argree or disagree?

il-2 a flight sim started out on the eastern front with germany and russia, now theyve done a game called pacific fighters. the same could be done with SHIII. move the theatre. make it so that we can see what sub warfare was like in the war with japan. im not one of those "why german u-boats?" kinda guys, but i think it would be a nice change. i had a grand father who served as a SeaBee in the pacfic, so getting to be at least in the ocean he served in would be great. i think for me the war with germany has always been more interesting, but the more i read about the war with japan the more i start realizing the war in the pacifc was just as interesting.
    so dev team, if your listening i think this would and should be the next step after SHIII, possibly as an add-on/gold addition,whatever you want to call it. a destroyer command 2 would be ok, but i think most everyone playing SHIII are big sub fans, so it would only be right to let them have subs again.
    some of you "u-boat only" nuts may not like the idea of using less advanced submarines in the pacfic, but think of the challenge. i thought i read a post somewhere hear about U.S subs not being able to dive as deep as german subs, thats challenging enough isnt it?
    the only other thing i could think of as add-ons for SHIII would be to let people play other nations subs like russian, italian, and british subs. two ideas for missions that come to mind are the birtish in those tiny subs trying to damage the tirptiz in norway and a russian sub firing at tirpitz as shes heading out to attack convoy PQ17. but it seems like allied sub action in the atlantic might not be worth messing with. so again i think bringing silent hunter back to its roots would be nice.
    anyone else argree or disagree?

No it would not be nice!
    Pacific theater doesn't come close to the action that took place in the Graveyard of the Atlantic. There is no better altenative to the U-boats when it comes to submarine warfare.

I have to agree with Gerd_S, but at the same time, I would more like to see a SHIV that simply gives you the option of playing for any country, and going anywhere on the globe. Pacific is simply one of those choices.

Long Live Prussia!

Instead of moving the theatre maybe the next big submarine could try and model it all? or maybe have SH3 expansion pack combine with the original so that you have a global campaign, including American, German and Japanese submarines. Big project, but done in two stages should be quite possible.

Might well include missions where you have to do a 'supply' run from German to Japan, should suit the explorers of you out there

thats what i was thinking. an add-on at least. the game engine is already in place just do a Pacific Aces thing. i thought i read somewhere on this forum that the dev team mentioned a pacific map. ok, so they may not have pearl harbour and tokyos harbours detailed, but this could easily be done by the dev team for a "gold edition" of SHIII. enough ships got sunk in the pacific to make SHI so what has changed?

UBI:

Id pay a reasonable amount of money for a well done Pacific expansion pack. 20 bucks I guess.

Silent Service 2 was my first sub sim.I miss the 10 tubes of the Gatos!

I am not interested on an Pacific-SH3.

"Gute Leute muss man eben haben... gute Leute!"

I'm also not interested in an expansion pack for SHIII (if there would ever be one) to include the Pacific theater.
    There is so much that can be done in the Atlantic...build up on that.

hauitsme's Avatar Banned
    Apparently everyone can read. You seem able to 'understand' each other, but you can't seem to 'understand' anything the DevTeam has stated months ago. Does it need repeated to you? Have you even seen? 'If' SH3 becomes a financial success, NEXT they will work on DC2, 'perhaps' in the future they will try to do an Pacific Theatre Sub-Sim(just thinking about it). Have any of you seen what has been done with SH2 with the PA expansion pack(and all the other mods)?
    Why DC2 next? Think about it. Fighting against a human opponent, NOT a vastly inferior computer AI(no matter how good, it never is anywhere near as good as a 'real' human opponent). Ability to be the Allied force against the dreaded wolfpacks(human or AI). The 'convoys must get through!'.
    Also perhaps you should start reading some history books about the Pacific War and what went on there. It was a TOTALLY different kind of war, against a different enemy.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►