did the bf-109 climb as well in real life as it does in the game? i know the p-51 isnt the best for climbing, but the 109s seem to just zoom past me even if i have altitude advantage. im a decent pilot, and get my share of kills, but the 109k4 climbing seems a lil much. ive read it has good climbing, but not like a rocket. anyone else feel this way?

did the bf-109 climb as well in real life as it does in the game? i know the p-51 isnt the best for climbing, but the 109s seem to just zoom past me even if i have altitude advantage. im a decent pilot, and get my share of kills, but the 109k4 climbing seems a lil much. ive read it has good climbing, but not like a rocket. anyone else feel this way?

Zen--'s Avatar Senior Member
    K4 has 28 m/s climb rate in FB, just a bit too high

In real life K4's outclimbed mustangs, though not to the degree we see in game.

-Zen-
    Formerly TX-Zen

Situation, situation, situation....

With so many planes in a game with very intricate engine controls and whatnot having to be modeled, there's bound to be inaccuracies. I'm glad BoB will focus on quality rather than quantity.

[This message was edited by EvilBen on Mon February 23 2004 at 04:49 PM.]

The Bf-109K4 has a bug that allows it to
    be climbed and dived in such a way to give
    it speeds faster than a Me-262 at any altitude.
    I did not believe it until I tried it.
    You can get where your going faster by going into
    a zoom and dive cycle.
    Totally unrealistic, definately a bug.
    AND heavily exploited by dogmatic Boom and Zoom
    squads such as the <AFJ> I might add.

da...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DaBallz:
    The Bf-109K4 has a bug that allows it to
    be climbed and dived in such a way to give
    it speeds faster than a Me-262 at any altitude.
    I did not believe it until I tried it.
    You can get where your going faster by going into
    a zoom and dive cycle.
    Totally unrealistic, definately a bug.
    AND heavily exploited by dogmatic Boom and Zoom
    squads such as the &lt;AFJ&gt; I might add.

da...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

dived at faster speeds than Me-262? I want to learn that. Any tracks?

Other than that Bf-109K4 should climb faster than Me-262, if both planes are at full fuel load. At 25% fuel load Me-262 should be faster. FB is correct in this regard.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zen--:
    K4 has 28 m/s climb rate in FB, just a bit too high

In real life K4's outclimbed mustangs, though not to the degree we see in game.

-Zen-
    Formerly TX-Zen
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

28 m/s ~ 5512fpm... Thats perfectly accurate from what Ive read. It matches a figure in some aircraft literature I have that gives a time to alt of 16,400 in 3 minutes.

SkyChimp's Avatar Senior Member
    16,400 ft in 3 minutes is now almost universally regarded as an error in the interpretation of a climb chart.

Regards,
    SkyChimp

Re-read what i wrote. A figure i have in some independant literature puts the figure at the same as whats in the game. Doubt thats a coincidence.

In a book ive got it puts the climb rate of the much less powerful F-4 as 4700fpm. With the 50% extra HP the K-4 enjoys, 5512fpm (28m/s) isnt an unreasonable figure imo. Just thought id mention that for reference.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►